Windows 10 Pro upload theme requires FTP Credentials

I’m running into the FTP requirement that people were having earlier in the year.

This is not happening with sites I pull from Kinsta, it is happening with adding new sites directly.

I tried adding define(‘FS_METHOD’,‘direct’); to the wp-config but the issue persisted.

Then I tried issuing docker exec devkinsta_fpm chown -R www-data:www-data /www/kinsta/public/ but ended up terminating it after 5 minutes without getting a new command prompt.

I also tried using the Docker CLI tool to enter devkinsta_fpm and issue chown -R www-data:www-data /www/kinsta/public/ but again, I waited about five minutes with no indication anything was happening, and that command should be pretty much instantaneous, I believe.

I’m pretty sure I’m on the latest version of DevKinsta, though I’ve been unable to find anyplace to get the current version number in the app.

If the issue is persisting even after adding define(‘FS_METHOD’,‘direct’); and checking on the permissions then there’s something else occurring here stopping DevKinsta from being able to write to those directories. How about plugins and images? I assume those don’t upload either?

They do not. I’m seriously looking at abandoning windows in favor of Linux though.

Between this issue and, I’m thinking it might be best to completely remove and re-install both Docker and DevKinsta.

Okay. I’m going to hold off on that. If I get up and running with Linux, my plan is a permanent switch away from Windows.

We haven’t heard back from you on this topic in a while. However, if you do need further assistance you can simply start a new forum thread. Thank you again for using DevKinsta. Let us know if you need further assistance! :wave: