Unable to import site on my local machine

When trying to create a new site from my Dev Kinsta Application on my mac by importing a site, I do not see the available site options to select from the sites available on my Kinsta account

Hello @aghosby and welcome to DevKinsta Community!
Can you please share what user role you have assigned in MyKinsta?

Regards,
Alessandro

Hello

I was assigned the role of Site Developer.

Thanks.

That would explain why you are not able to see the site list.
Site developers have access only to the staging environments, most probably a staging environment doesn’t yet exist for the sites in the company you are working on.
Please ask to a user with access to the live environment to create a staging.
Once done, you should be able to see the site and import it in DevKinsta.

Regards,
Alessandro

Hello

Staging site exists and I have always been able to pull from live to staging and also pull from staging to my local.

So it is not because the staging site doesn’t exist. Please see the staging details below as proof.

Thank you for sharing this screenshot @aghosby , can you please send me a copy of your main.log file via DM?
We’d like to give it a look and help you find the culprit.
You can find it by clicking on the question mark icon at the bottom left corner of DevKinsta and then on Reveal log file in File Manager.

Regards,
Alessandro

Apologies for my late response.
Getting this in a bit.

I’m finding it a little bit difficult to attach the file

Thank you for the logs @aghosby!
Can you please try to log out and log in again and tell us if you see a different error than a white page when trying to pull a site?

Regards,
Alessandro

Hello @aghosby Aghogho,

I just saw this and would like to mention that in order to be able to see that sites list in DevKinsta (Import from Kinsta list), your user role in MyKinsta needs to be changed to “Site Administrator”, as I replied in the other thread here (was confirmed to be working by the other user there, after his user role is changed).

So you may want to ask someone in your MyKinsta company (with higher role) to change your user role there from Site Developer to Site Administrator, and please re-test from your DevKinsta.

Cheers,
Agus

Hello Agus

Thanks for the update.
The issue has been resolved now.

I was surprised earlier because formerly the Site developer role gives me the access to pull from live and staging to my local machine.

Thanks.

Hi Aghogho,

Thank your for your update/confirmation!
Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved! (I can see your user role in MyKinsta has been changed to “Site Administrator” :+1: )

Cheers,
Agus

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.