Something Bad Happened: Creating New Site

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
**A:**August 27, 2022 EST, 10am

Q: DevKinsta Version
**A:**2.7.0

Q: OS Version
**A:**Windows 10 PRO

Q: Docker Desktop Version
**A:**Docker Desktop 4.11.1 (84025)

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
**A:**During First new site install after the NGINX install DevKinsta reports “Something Bad Happened”.
Within Docker’s MariaDB log file is see the following:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
**A:**During First new site install after the NGINX install DevKinsta reports “Something Bad Happened”.
Within Docker’s MariaDB log file is see the following:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

DockerDesktop, Containers, Images and Devkinsta all seem to be installed properly as per documented instructions.

Hi @bmunir, thanks for reaching out. Are you running Docker under WSL2 or are you using Hyper-V? Can you try again then share your main.log file with me privately? On windows it will be somewhere like: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DevKinsta\logs

Hi Kevin,
The first time I used WSL2. Then after failure I uninstalled everything and did a fresh reinstall using Hyper-V. In both cases, I am running into this same issue, where the install craps-out after the NGINX install.
It appears that DevKinsta cannot successfully create a new database (due to root permissions)?

Attaching main.log
[main - Copy.log]

Thanks,
Behzad

1 Like

Hi @bmunir, replied to you privately as well. It seems as if the root password that DevKinsta is trying to use isn’t the same as what is set in MySQL. That’s my best current guess. It’s interesting that the error remains the same even if you switch between WSL and Hyper-V.

Are you installing DevKinsta for a non-root/admin user on your PC?