Site size is much bigger then it should

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: 18.1.2021 21:31 GMT+2

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: Version 1.0.1 (1.0.1.1173)

Q: OS Version
A: Mac OS 11.1 (20C69)

Q: VirtualBox Version
A: ???

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: not

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A:
when importing a website from kinsta, site size is much bigger then expected.
My site should be ~3 GB but I’m downloading ~11GB for some reason.

no logs.

[2021-01-18 21:03:07.848] [info] Using devkinsta-updates for auto update
[2021-01-18 21:10:13.245] [info] Checking for update
[2021-01-18 21:10:13.251] [info] Generated new staging user ID: 284cba33-51f1-5034-afc6-6b6b7d54e07d
[2021-01-18 21:10:14.054] [info] Update for version 1.0.1 is not available (latest version: 1.0.1, downgrade is disallowed).

ok, i’m not deleting this in case someone needs to see it.
It said X out of 11+ GB but in reality, downloaded only what’s needed.

Thanks for reporting @Guy_Peri !

A: 19/01/2021

A: 1.0.1 (1.0.1.1173)

A: Big Sur 11.1

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: 3.0.4

A: No

A: It supposed to download only 3.35 GB, but downloaded 8.1 GB

Thanks for reporting this. This appears related to this bug report here. Our developers are working on a fix. I’ll report back here once I have more to share on this. Sorry for the issue!

1 Like

Hello everyone! We’ve updated DevKinsta to resolve this issue. It can be downloaded here. Let us know if you continue to see this issue. :wave:

A: 09.04.2021 16:30 UTC+2

A: 1.0.3 (1.0.3.1263)

A: macOS 11.2.3 (20D91)

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: 3.3.0 (62632)

A: DK0025 (Only when force closing DevKinsta while creating new site and DK0025 shows when I open up DevKinsta again. When I click “Retry” the error message goes away and it continues the download)

A: While creating a new site from site on MyKinsta the creation process freezes while downloading the site. The site shows as 2.9GB in the MyKinsta Dashboard, but shows as 92.9GB in DevKinsta. When reaching 2.89GB in the download process it just keeps spinning/loading and nothing more happens. (arround 41%). This is one specific site (tried downloading both live and staging), other sites from our account works fine and shows the correct size when downloading.

Skjermbilde 2021-04-09 kl. 16.38.03

Welcome @VeVas to DevKinsta! Appreciate the bug report. We’ve seen a few others report this as well and appears related to this bug here. I’ll update you as soon we have more to share on this.

Sure! Ok, I’ll keep an eye on that Topic. Let me know if you need anything else :+1: Love the DevKinsta solution by the way, keep up the good work :smiley:

I’m uploading my local site to staging, and the upload says it’s going to be 47.9 GB, which is roughly 6 times the size of my production site and more on its own than our available disk space on the server with our plan. So I have a couple of questions:

1. Is this accurate?
  2. If it is, how do I kill the upload safely? I don’t want to get stuck paying for overages using this push feature, but there doesn’t seem to be any way to stop the upload once it’s in progress.

Hi @gfitech,

It supposed to be, but don’t want to rule out a possible bug either.

Force closing the application should do it.

Could you try navigating to the local directory itself and check the site of the folder? There’s an icon to navigate directly to the folder.

According to du in Terminal, that folder is 7.7 GB, which is much closer to the size of our site. Just in case, I killed the upload so as not to run over the disk limit.

Thanks for the update @gfitech . It appears related to another bug we had with downloads. If this is indeed the case, while the numbers are incorrect, it will only upload the actual amount (the 7.7GB) and not the number that was shown.

I’ve gone ahead and moved this conversation over to our bug reporting category for our developers to review. I’m sorry again for the issues here!

No worries, I’m excited for this tool and hope these reports help make it the best it can be!

1 Like

Hello! I’ve merged together a few threads here that were related. Apologies for the confusion! Just letting everyone know that this issue should be resolved now. Please update and let us know if you continue to see any issues. Thank you very much!