Multisite network issue

I’ve just switched a single site installation to multisite, but in the subdomain I’m receiving this error when trying to load the dashboard… DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Is this Nginx web server issue as it’s beyond my scope?

Hi @andyingold . Thanks for reaching out and welcome to DevKinsta.
What’s the URL to the dashboard you’re trying to load that results in that error? It sounds like it’s trying to reach a domain that doesn’t exist.

Upgrade Network

Warning! Problem updating https://assessments.fintechcareers.local. Your server may not be able to connect to sites running on it. Error message: cURL error 28: Resolving timed out after 10000 milliseconds

Do you know if it is possible to change to multisite without making changes to the local server, it seems that’s the issue?

The subdomain will need to be added to your host file to support resolving to that domain. It’s likely that fintechcareers.local and www.fintechcareers.local are already in your host file, but not assessments.fintechcareers.local. These directions can help you with editing your local host file to include the new subdomain. You’ll find the others there as examples on what to add and where to add them. You should see #### START DEVKINSTA entries and #### END DEVKINSTA entries in there. Let us know if that helps!

thanks Michael, that’s it with a small modification.

127.0.0.1 assessments.fintechcareers.local
127.0.0.1 www.assessments.fintechcareers.local
: : 1 assessments.fintechcareers.local
: : 1 www.assessments.fintechcareers.local

1 Like