Issues importing previous site with all in one wp migration

Hi,

I’m trying to import a .wpress file from a previous site that is ~8gb but running into an issue where the maximum upload size is 128mb. I’ve done the following:

Updated wp-config.php to include:
@ini_set( ‘upload_max_filesize’ , ‘10000M’ );
@ini_set( ‘post_max_size’, ‘10000M’);
@ini_set( ‘memory_limit’, ‘10000M’ );
@ini_set( ‘max_execution_time’, ‘0’ );
@ini_set( ‘max_input_time’, ‘300’ );

Created a .htaccess file in /www/kinsta/public/website directory with
php_value upload_max_filesize 10000M
php_value post_max_size 10000M
php_value memory_limit 10000M
php_value max_execution_time 0
php_value max_input_time 300

Edited the wp migration plugin to have the constant
define( ‘AI1WM_MAX_FILE_SIZE’, 536870912 * 15 );

None of these have changed the upload limit. Looking for any guidance here!

Hi @justflat, welcome to DevKinsta Community!
To edit those values you will have to use a .ini file, DevKinsta allows you to do that easily by:

1. Opening your site in DevKinsta
  2. Clicking on the bench icon
  3. Adding the values you would like to edit at the bottom of the site configurations page as in the screenshot:

Thanks Alessandro. That worked, but now when I’m importing my backup it’s hung at 0%. Here were the settings I used:

upload_max_filesize = 10000M
post_max_size = 10000M
memory_limit = 10000M
max_execution_time = 0
max_input_time = 300

Does the plugin offer any debug log? Alternatively you can see if any error is recorded in the logs folder of DevKinsta at the ~/DevKinsta/logs path

I decided to try to go a different route by installing an older version of the wp migration plugin (6.7), copying my .wpress backup directly into the backups directory, and then restoring the backup via the plugin. Now I’m stuck at 99% and seeing these 500 errors in the access logs:

[20/Feb/2023:15:56:16 +0000] “POST /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=ai1wm_import HTTP/1.1” 500 189 “becomingjohn.local/wp-admin/admin.php?page=ai1wm_backups” “Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/110.0.0.0 Safari/537.36” “-”
[20/Feb/2023:15:56:19 +0000] “GET /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=ai1wm_status&secret_key=xxxxxxxxxxxxx=1676907793427 HTTP/1.1” 500 189 “becomingjohn.local/wp-admin/admin.php?page=ai1wm_backups” “Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/110.0.0.0 Safari/537.36” “-”
[20/Feb/2023:15:56:23 +0000] “GET /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=ai1wm_status&secret_key=xxxxxxxxxxxxx=1676907793428 HTTP/1.1” 500 189 “becomingjohn.local/wp-admin/admin.php?page=ai1wm_backups” “Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/110.0.0.0 Safari/537.36” “-”

Hi @justflat

I’d like to provide you with some additional troubleshooting steps here to see if we can get more information on why the 500 is occurring.

Can you increase the max_input_time to e.g. 1800 (temporarily :sweat_smile:)?

Also, can you set error_reporting = E_ALL, so that errors of all levels are logged?

Then, close DevKinsta, shut down Docker. Start Docker, then start DevKinsta again.

If that doesn’t get you any additional logs or debugging, can you try defining these variables in wp-config.php for your DevKinsta site?

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true);
define('SAVEQUERIES', true);

Then try installing and activating the debug-bar plugin (link), and repeating the restore to see if that allows you to see any additional errors in context.

You could also check the NGINX and PHP-FPM logs for evidence of further errors at the daemon / webserver level - Logging and Site Debugging - DevKinsta - Kinsta®

I presume that you have the Pro version of the AI1WM plugin, as the limit for the free plugin is 512M, and you said the .wpress file was ~8GB

If you are using the free version of the plugin, you can adjust the max as mentioned in the screenshot steps below (valid as of Nov 2022 anyhow):

Simply increase the number on the right of the bit shift << higher (increasing by 1 will double the limit)

Lastly, can you check to see if wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/storage/error.log exists, and if so DM us the file as an attachment (if you’d like for us to take look) ?

Thanks for all that info, enabled it all and was about to try to restore the backup again when I noticed this warning:

Your backup is from a PHP 5 but the site that you are importing to is PHP 7

Is there a way to downgrade my site to PHP 5? Or does that matter?

This time it got done processing all the files but is now hung on a screen saying:

Done activating mu-plugins.

Here’s the error from becomingjohn_error.logs:

2023/02/20 20:57:24 [error] 40#40: *363 FastCGI sent in stderr: “comingjohn/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php(892): uga_track_user()
#1 /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): uga_shutdown()
#2 /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
#3 /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action()
#4 /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-includes/load.php(1124): do_action()
#5 [internal function]: shutdown_action_hook()
#6 {main}
thrown in /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 524PHP message: PHP Stack trace:PHP message: PHP 1. {main}() /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php:0PHP message: PHP 2. require_once() /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php:22PHP message: PHP 3. require_once() /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-load.php:50PHP message: PHP 4. require_once() /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-config.php:102PHP message: PHP 5. do_action($hook_name = ‘plugins_loaded’) /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-settings.php:480PHP message: PHP 6. WP_Hook->do_action($args = [0 => ‘’]) /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-includes/plugin.php:517PHP message: PHP 7. WP_Hook->apply_filters($value = ‘’, $args = [0 => ‘’]) /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:332PHP message: PHP 8. Jetpack::load_modules(‘’) /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:308” while reading upstream, client: 172.172.0.1, server: becomingjohn.local, request: “GET /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=ai1wm_status&secret_key=4BQnk4hXgjub&_=1676926172939 HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “fastcgi://172.172.0.2:9003”, host: “becomingjohn.local”, referrer: “http://becomingjohn.local/wp-admin/admin.php?page=ai1wm_backups
2023/02/20 20:57:26 [error] 40#40: *363 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: define(): Argument #3 ($case_insensitive) is ignored since declaration of case-insensitive constants is no longer supported in /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 151PHP message: PHP Stack trace:PHP message: PHP 1. {main}() /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php:0PHP message: PHP 2. require_once() /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php:22PHP message: PHP 3. require_once() /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-load.php:50PHP message: PHP 4. require_once() /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-config.php:102PHP message: PHP 5. include_once() /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-settings.php:447PHP message: PHP 6. define($constant_name = ‘uga_version’, $value = ‘1.6.0’, $case_insensitive = TRUE) /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php:151PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is no longer supported in /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/shortcodes.php on line 98PHP message: PHP Stack trace:PHP message: PHP 1. {main}() /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php:0PHP message: PHP 2. require_once() /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php:22PHP message: PHP 3. require_once() /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-load.php:50PHP message: PHP 4. require_once() /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-config.php:102PHP message: PHP 5. do_action($hook_name = ‘plugins_loaded’) /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-settings.php:480PHP message: PHP 6. WP_Hook->do_action($args = [0 => ‘’]) /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-includes/plugin.php:517PHP message: PHP 7. WP_Hook->apply_filters($value = ‘’, $args = [0 => ‘’]) /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:332PHP message: PHP 8. Jetpack::load_modules(‘’) /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-includes/cl
2023/02/20 20:57:26 [error] 40#40: *363 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Notice: Function is_404 was called incorrectly. Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. Before then, they always return false. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.1.0.) in /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5835PHP message: PHP Stack trace:PHP message: PHP 1. {main}() /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php:0PHP message: PHP 2. require_once() /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php:22PHP message: PHP 3. require_once() /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-load.php:50PHP message: PHP 4. require_once() /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-config.php:102PHP message: PHP 5. do_action($hook_name = ‘plugins_loaded’) /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-settings.php:480PHP message: PHP 6. WP_Hook->do_action($args = [0 => ‘’]) /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-includes/plugin.php:517PHP message: PHP 7. WP_Hook->apply_filters($value = ‘’, $args = [0 => ‘’]) /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:332PHP message: PHP 8. Jetpack::load_modules(‘’) /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:308PHP message: PHP 9. shutdown_action_hook() /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-includes/load.php:0PHP message: PHP 10. do_action($hook_name = ‘shutdown’) /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-includes/load.php:1124PHP message: PHP 11. WP_Hook->do_action($args = [0 => ‘’]) /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-includes/plugin.php:517PHP message: PHP 12. WP_Hook->apply_filters($value = ‘’, $args = [0 => ‘’]) /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:332PHP message: PHP 13. uga_shutdown(‘’) /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:308PHP message: PHP 14. is_404() /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics

I also get some warnings, fatal errors, and warnings when visiting the admin page now:

Warning: define(): Argument #3 ($case_insensitive) is ignored since declaration of case-insensitive constants is no longer supported in /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 151

Fatal error: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is no longer supported in /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/shortcodes.php on line 98

Notice: Function is_embed was called incorrectly. Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. Before then, they always return false. Please see Debugging in WordPressfor more information. (This message was added in version 3.1.0.) in /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5835

Notice: Function is_search was called incorrectly. Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. Before then, they always return false. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.1.0.) in /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5835

Notice: Function is_404 was called incorrectly. Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. Before then, they always return false. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.1.0.) in /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5835

Notice: Function is_feed was called incorrectly. Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. Before then, they always return false. Please see <a Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.1.0.) in /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5835

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Undefined constant “user_level” in /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 524

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Undefined constant “user_level” in /www/kinsta/public/becomingjohn/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-google-analytics/ultimate_ga.php on line 524

Looks like the ultimate-google-analytics and jetpack plugins are causing issues. What happens if thoes plugins are disabled or removed?

Thanks ZachE! Removing those plugins got me a login screen where I could reset my password. Another error came up for a separate plugin, but after removing it I was able to get my site working again. Thanks everyone for your help!

1 Like

For anyone else who stumbles upon this thread, I ended up having to uncompress the .wpress backup file and manually copy the contents into the wp-content directory. Once done, I could start to delete any plugins causing errors.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.