Error code DK00029 (Can't create mysql dump) when trying to add multiple different sites to DevKinsta

Hi!

Have recently deleted a site from devkinsta, but when trying to re-pull, am getting the DK00029 error code (can’t create mysql dump) - have now tried to delete and retry/ restart devkinsta and docker and even tried adding a couple of different sits, which also fire the same error code - any ideas on how to fix?

@JakeHorton I have also this error, I think its a bug in the Devkinsta app…

Hi @JakeHorton and @isaklafleur ! Welcome to DevKinsta! If you’re running on Windows, please ensure that it’s running on Administrator mode. Otherwise, also ensure that all other applications that may be blocking the import on your machine are disabled/closed. Like firewalls and antivirus software.

Hi Michael

Apologies for not giving more info - I’m on Mac and was able to delete/ add sites fine yesterday (16th). I’ve had no overnight updates so am not too sure what could’ve changed on my end?

@JakeHorton The only thing I can think of that would have changed is if there’s another application running on your machine that would be blocking the import. Could you privately message me your /Users/{yourUserName}/Library/Logs/DevKinsta/main.log file?

@JakeHorton @isaklafleur We were able to reproduce this and have escalated this issue here internally. I’ll provide an update on this shortly. I’m sorry for the issue here!

@JakeHorton @isaklafleur I’m sorry for the wait here. Could you try re-importing the site? You’ll need to delete the site on DevKinsta that you’re attempting to import first, then try a new import process.

Amazing, seems to be working now - thank you!

Good you found out you had a bug. :-).

Isak

When will you start have support for .gitignore files? It’s crazy you have to upload s do download plugin and node module folders…

@isaklafleur No update on that at the moment but I see you’ve added the feature request for that already. Thanks for letting us know!

Hi Michael,

When will I know when this is fixed?

Still not working…

Isak

@isaklafleur The issue reported earlier that day had been resolved. Could you try deleting the site on DevKinsta and try importing it again? You may have a different issue there if it continues.

I have deinstalled docker and Kinsta Dev 2.3 again. Now I try to install it again and I get this error instead…

This application is not easy to setup…

Getting fun this…

Restarting Devkinsta and I can now complete installation. I try again import my subdirectory Wordpress Multisite. I’m able to import a non Wordpress Multisite without any issues so you clearly has issues with your application when handeling Wordpress Multisites.

Now I get another errro DK0033… I follow instructions and fix the error… Restart devkinsta again…

Now I get a new error…

dk0029

Error log attached - Stream row: Mtheuntamedmultisite@34.89.228.167: Permission denied (publickey,password).

Why permission denied? I’m logged in with my account…

[2021-11-23 23:26:00.836] [info]  [containerExec] Run 'ssh theuntamedmultisite@34.89.228.167     -p 28571     -o "UserKnownHostsFile /dev/null"     -o "StrictHostKeyChecking no"     -o "PasswordAuthentication no"     -o "ChallengeResponseAuthentication no" 'mysqldump  -h localhost -u theuntamedmultisite -pXu9pnN4oHj5spm2 theuntamedmultisite > "/www/theuntamedmultisite_484/public/backup.sql"'' command on devkinsta_fpm
[2021-11-23 23:26:01.166] [info]  [containerExec] Stream row: YWarning: Permanently added '[34.89.228.167]:28571' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.
[2021-11-23 23:26:01.310] [info]  [containerExec] Stream row: Mtheuntamedmultisite@34.89.228.167: Permission denied (publickey,password).
[2021-11-23 23:26:01.914] [error] Error - DK0029: MYSQL_DUMP_COMMON: Mtheuntamedmultisite@34.89.228.167: Permission denied (publickey,password).
    at file:///C:/Users/isake/AppData/Local/Programs/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js:2:849355
    at tryCatch (file:///C:/Users/isake/AppData/Local/Programs/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js:8:2558796)
    at Generator._invoke (file:///C:/Users/isake/AppData/Local/Programs/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js:8:2558419)
    at Generator.next (file:///C:/Users/isake/AppData/Local/Programs/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js:8:2559562)
    at asyncGeneratorStep (file:///C:/Users/isake/AppData/Local/Programs/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js:2:1003)
    at _next (file:///C:/Users/isake/AppData/Local/Programs/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js:2:1302)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
[2021-11-23 23:26:01.980] [error] Error - DK0029: MYSQL_DUMP_COMMON: Mtheuntamedmultisite@34.89.228.167: Permission denied (publickey,password).
    at file:///C:/Users/isake/AppData/Local/Programs/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js:2:849355
    at tryCatch (file:///C:/Users/isake/AppData/Local/Programs/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js:8:2558796)
    at Generator._invoke (file:///C:/Users/isake/AppData/Local/Programs/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js:8:2558419)
    at Generator.next (file:///C:/Users/isake/AppData/Local/Programs/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js:8:2559562)
    at asyncGeneratorStep (file:///C:/Users/isake/AppData/Local/Programs/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js:2:1003)
    at _next (file:///C:/Users/isake/AppData/Local/Programs/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js:2:1302)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
[2021-11-23 23:26:02.017] [info]  [ProgressIndicator] { isFailed: true, isOpen: true }
[2021-11-23 23:27:12.268] [info]  [useMailhog] Mail socket closed.

I see you’re running Windows here. Ensure that DevKinsta is running on Administrator mode so it has the proper permissions to add to the local host file, along with adding SSL.

Yes. I’m running as admin…

@isaklafleur Thanks for confirming! How about any firewalls or antivirus software? Would you happen to have any on here that can be turned off?