DK0029 - Can’t create mysql dump issue

Hello !
I also have issue when i want to import a staging site from Kinsta into Dev Kinsta.
It’s the first time i try Dev Kinsta.

The error code is :

DK0029 - Can’t create mysql dump

The error logs are :

Error - DK0029: MYSQL_DUMP_COMMON: Error (255): 4Connection to 35.195.60.52 closed by remote host.
at C:\Users\sbusi\AppData\Local\Programs\DevKinsta\resources\app.asar\main.prod.js:2:1003621
at tryCatch (C:\Users\sbusi\AppData\Local\Programs\DevKinsta\resources\app.asar\main.prod.js:8:2336081)
at Generator._invoke (C:\Users\sbusi\AppData\Local\Programs\DevKinsta\resources\app.asar\main.prod.js:8:2335704)
at Generator.next (C:\Users\sbusi\AppData\Local\Programs\DevKinsta\resources\app.asar\main.prod.js:8:2336856)
at asyncGeneratorStep (C:\Users\sbusi\AppData\Local\Programs\DevKinsta\resources\app.asar\main.prod.js:8:2327493)
at _next (C:\Users\sbusi\AppData\Local\Programs\DevKinsta\resources\app.asar\main.prod.js:8:2327792)
at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
[2022-10-12 14:55:07.080] [error] [ipcMainStep] Error in operation SITE_CREATION, step rsync: Error - DK0029: MYSQL_DUMP_COMMON: Error (255): 4Connection to 35.195.60.52 closed by remote host.
at C:\Users\sbusi\AppData\Local\Programs\DevKinsta\resources\app.asar\main.prod.js:2:1003621
at tryCatch (C:\Users\sbusi\AppData\Local\Programs\DevKinsta\resources\app.asar\main.prod.js:8:2336081)
at Generator._invoke (C:\Users\sbusi\AppData\Local\Programs\DevKinsta\resources\app.asar\main.prod.js:8:2335704)
at Generator.next (C:\Users\sbusi\AppData\Local\Programs\DevKinsta\resources\app.asar\main.prod.js:8:2336856)
at asyncGeneratorStep (C:\Users\sbusi\AppData\Local\Programs\DevKinsta\resources\app.asar\main.prod.js:8:2327493)
at _next (C:\Users\sbusi\AppData\Local\Programs\DevKinsta\resources\app.asar\main.prod.js:8:2327792)
at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)

The data base is a very large one (8 gigas).
Thanks for you’r help !

Hi @Busiere, thanks for reaching out and thank you for sharing the your logs.
Due to the size of the database, the mysqldump command is actually timing out and the Kinsta server is closing the connection. We had a similar case recently. I suggest creating a downloadable backup of your site and then try using the ZIP import.

Please share the error logs if that fails.

Also important: is you database large due to some “bloated” tables? The previous case I worked with had a large database due to actionscheduler logs eating up most of the storage like in this case. In that case they just deleted those tables before retrying the import.

Hello ! i tried to import a kinsta backup and it failed at the first step.
The error log is :
[84] Log opened at 2023-01-02 15:29:14.046491
[84] [Step Debug] ERR: Time-out connecting to debugging client, waited: 200 ms. Tried: host.docker.internal:9000 (through xdebug.client_host/xdebug.client_port) :frowning:
[84] Log closed at 2023-01-02 15:29:14.341672
the ZIP fiel is very large : 24 Go.
Do you think i can fix that ?

Hey @Busiere ,

can you please send me the main.log via DM? You can find it by clicking on the question mark icon at the bottom left of DevKinsta and then selecting “Reveal log file in file manager”.

Regards,

Alessandro

Thank you for sharing the log @Busiere, that helped us to find the culprit.
As of right now, there’s not really a solution for this, only some workaround. Our developers are already working on this bug and will address the issue in the next DevKinsta release.

In the meantime, you can perform the import manually by creating a new site and then importing the content of the .zip file as explained here.

Regards,

Alessandro