DK0004: installation blocked but Docker is opened correctly

Hello,

I’m trying to install DevKinsta on my work Windows computer. I use Windows 10 2004. The software have downloaded and installed Docker, but when DevKinsta start it, Docker start but DevKinsta says that it doesn’t. Also if I restart both software. Before Docker and after DevKinsta, the problem is the same. How can I solve it? Restarting Windows doesn’t help.

What I’ve seen is that, if I start Docker without using “Start as admin”, I get an error because seems that “I’m not in the list of users that can open Docker”. Not sure what does it means.

Thanks,
Matteo

Hi @matteote. Welcome to DevKinsta! Sorry for the issues you’re having getting it installed. There appears to be permission issues on your machine between Docker and DevKinsta. Could you try reinstalling Docker? Here’s where you can download it. Let me know if that helps.

Okay, I’ll do that.

But sorry @michael, why you’re using Docker into MyKinsta?

Thanks.

Done. Now Docker is not able to start. It says “Failed to start”. I’ll try to restart the computer as soon as possible.

Docker is used for the virtualization of creating the site. It’s an essential piece to DevKinsta.

Would you mind providing a screenshot of the “failed to start” message? I’m sorry for the trouble. There may be an existing issue with your Docker that will require a complete uninstall and installing it again.

We haven’t heard back from you on this topic in a while. However, if you do need further assistance you can simply start a new conversation. Thank you again for using DevKinsta. Let us know if you need further assistance! :wave: