Can't upload to media library

Hello,

I’m running DevKinsta on Kubuntu 21.04.

I had some issues before but they had all been fixed and the application has been working flawlessly up until now.

When I try uploading media on my localhost it states: “filename.png” has failed to upload.
The uploaded file could not be moved to wp-content/uploads/2021/06.

The directory of the localhost should have all necessary permissions.

I first noticed the issue yesterday.

Any ideas?
Regards,

Hi @dexter . Is the directory wp-content/uploads/2021/06 created? Perhaps the new month directory is having permission issues? Has uploading period any other time this month?

Hello @michael.

Yes, i thought this was the issue aswell but i’ve checked and the directory is there along with months 1 through 6.

@dexter Has this started only with the directory 06? The only thing I can think of is permissions for the directory :confused: . Could you try resetting them again?

Hi again @michael!

Yes, I suspect it was a problem with the 06 directory as the problem occurred first in June but I could be wrong…

Now, I don’t know what fixed the issue but it’s working as intended. Last I tempered with it was that I changed the permissions of the directory to root and then back to user. I did this last week and it did not fix the issue then, but now as of Monday, it’s working.

Very strange… Wish I could give the forum a definitive fix for this but I’m not quite sure myself.

We haven’t heard back from you on this topic in a while. However, if you do need further assistance you can simply start a new forum thread. Thank you again for using DevKinsta. Let us know if you need further assistance! :wave: