Cannot install WooCommerce

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: Everytime

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: 2.8.0

Q: OS Version
A: Windows 11

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: 4.13.1

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: Installation failed: 504 Gateway Time-out 504 Gateway Time-out nginx --a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page –

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A: When trying to install WooCommerce, it took a very long time then it will show the above message. After refreshing the page, the plugin is actually downloaded, now if I activate it, the entire backend becomes so so so lag.

Hi @goragip696, thank you for pointing this out. I’m wondering if this has something to do with a new update either with WP/Windows or Docker. I’m going to do some more testing and ask our developers and will get back to you. I am definitely able to reproduce the slowness/504 when I install Woocommerce and other plugins.

1 Like

Hi @goragip696, just an update on this. Our developers are working on an update for DevKinsta that will get away from what’s causing the performance issues. It’s basically all the issues that have been discussed in this thread however, the performance you and I are now seeing seems to be worse than usual. I’m not sure if it’s due to newer Windows10/11 updates or Docker changes but yes, I can confirm that the process of unpacking/installing the woocommerce.zip file via php is taking more than a minute and causing the timeout error that we get.

In theory, if you give Docker more resources via your settings it should perform better but that would depend on if you are using WSL2 or Hyper-V. Docker with Hyper-V currently performs best on Windows and is easier to tweak for performance.

If nothing works, my honest advice if the performance is too bad is to wait for us to release our performance update. It will likely be released next year but our developers are actively working on it. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments. We’ll be sure to let you know in this thread if we find anything new that can help performance in the meantime.