Can’t select database after Docker upgrade

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
**A: 2:30pm GMT +3

Q: DevKinsta Version
**A: 1.1.7 (1.1.7.1645)

Q: OS Version
**A: MacOS BigSur 11.4

Q: Docker Desktop Version
**A: 3.4.0

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
**A: After upgraded newest Docker versio, can’t find database anymore

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
**A: Can’t select database warning

When going to database manager

Yep - this AM - I started DevKinsta - noticed it was updating Containers - then threw a 009 error - I hit “Retry” and then the app opened with all my sites and 0/none of the corresponding databases.

This wouldn’t be so painful if I could create a database with deleting a site and recreating it.

How about backing up the db container somewhere safe when shutting down the app?

@Joona_Penttila MacOS Docker for Desktop was released on 2021-06-09. What version did you have prior to this? I’m sorry for the trouble here. Could you try re-installing DevKinsta and let me know if that fixes it for you?

@onebigidea :thinking: That’s odd. It may be best to delete those containers and have DevKinsta recreate them.

I have already “restarted” my setup but kind of annoying to lose the db container completely. If I could have used Adminer to add the databases the rebuild effort would have been significantly smaller.

Hi, I also recreated those containers but still same issue.

Hi, when I create new import from kinsta, it will works.

Thanks for the additional info @Joona_Penttila . While we haven’t seen this come up before since the release of 1.1.7 on June 1, we’ll continue to monitor this. As for your current containers, it may require recreation of those sites since that appears to solve the issue on your end. I’m sorry for the trouble here!

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: june 23, 3:15pm eastern time

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: Version 1.1.7 (1.1.7.1647)

Q: OS Version
A: MacOs 11.4

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: Version 3.5.0 (3.5.0.5309)

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: yes

We were able to connect to the database server (which means your username and password is okay) but not able to select the butterfly database.

• Are you sure it exists?
  • Does the user root have permission to use the butterfly database?
  • On some systems the name of your database is prefixed with your username, so it would be like username_butterfly. Could that be the problem?

If you don’t know how to set up a database you should contact your host. If all else fails you may find help at the WordPress Support Forums.

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A: after updateing to docker v 3.5.0 I cannot access my localhost site. please advise…

if it helps, I find the data below when open the database via “open database manager”:

" /var/www/html/adminer.php on line 1436

Warning : Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/adminer.php:181) in /var/www/html/adminer.php on line 1436

Warning : Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/adminer.php:181) in /var/www/html/adminer.php on line 1436

Warning : Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/adminer.php:181) in /var/www/html/adminer.php on line 1437

MySQL » devkinsta_db » Database: butterfly

Database: butterfly

Invalid database.

Thanks for the additional information here @kadso . I’ve merged your thread with this one here.

Hi Michael,

I’m unclear as to what specifically you are suggesting…

So, reinstalling devkinsta did not help.

how do I go about deleting “those containers” which? And does devkinsta auto-reintall?

Hello @kadso @Joona_Penttila . If you can, would you mind sending us your main.log file? It can be found over at /Users/{yourUserName}/Library/Logs/DevKinsta/main.log. You can send it to me via DM on here as well. Thanks so much!

Now done. Thanks for the help.

Today I was trying to open the website I have been working on and I this error: “Error establishing a database connection”

And when I tried to access “./wp-admin” I get this:

Also, when accessing to the database manager I get this error:

Imgur

I tried restarting PC, restarting docker and devkinsta, close it and open again, but nothing.

Help please, this website has a lot of progress and I don’t want to lost everything.

I just erased every container and image, restarted devkinsta an got this notification in windows.

Imgur

Now It gives me this error.

As you can see, DevKinsta has configured the database and everything was working ok! But now, I can’t access the website, and the database looks to be GONE! Please don’t tell me my database has been deleted.

Today I was trying to open the website I have been working on and I this error: “Error establishing a database connection”

Now I get this when I tried to access the database manager.

Imgur

I tried restarting PC, restarting docker and devkinsta, close it and open again, but nothing.

Help please, this website has a lot of progress and I don’t want to lost everything.

Also, I just erased every container and image, restarted devkinsta an got this notification in windows.

Imgur

Now It gives me this error.

And my database is gone