An error was reported during importing an existing website

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
**A:**GMT+8

Q: DevKinsta Version
**A:**2.9.0 (2.9.0.6039)

Q: OS Version
**A:**12.6 (21G115)

Q: Docker Desktop Version
**A:**4.8.2 (79419)

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A:

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A:
I import the existing website in devkinsta, and the error prompt “Something bad happened” appears in the third step

Hi @Roronoa_Wang,
Can you please send me a copy of your main.log file via DM? You can find it by clicking on the question mark icon at the bottom left corner of DevKinsta and then on Reveal log file in File Manager.
We’d like to give a look at it and help you find the culprit.

Regards,
Alessandro

main.log (37.5 KB)

Hello @Roronoa_Wang :wave:

Thank you for sharing that main.log file (note: for security reason, I hid the link to that main.log file and moved it internally/securely - so only our internal staff can see it).

I’ve checked and reviewed your main.log file but I didn’t see any relevant error nor any site download action in there that would indicate why you got that “Something bad happened” on the 3rd step in DevKisnta (that’s when “Downloading remote site” process). I didn’t see any action logs there that’s showing the activity of getting your site from MyKinsta (such as the site name, ID, site environment and any other remote site download details.).

Could you please try to close your DevKinsta application/program completely (not only minimized, but to shutdown and close the program), and then re-load it, and once again click the “Add site” button → choose “Import from Kinsta”, and select site to import (that’s hosted on your MyKinsta account), as shown on our documentation here: Creating a Site with DevKinsta - Kinsta®

If you’re still getting the same error on that 3rd process, please kindly send us (you can send it via DM/Direct message instead) the most recent main.log file generated by DevKinsta , so we can check and review once again.

Cheers,
Agus

I did it all over again according to the tutorial, but failed
main.log (10.7 KB)

Thank you for sharing that new main.log file @Roronoa_Wang .

Based on that log, it seems there’s an error while DevKinsta was trying to download (with rsync) from your MyKinsta hosting account to your local computer.
Like these for examples:

[2023-02-16 17:13:05.468] [warn]  [terminalExec] Error: 
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (1593578 bytes received so far) [receiver]
Connection to xx.xxx.xx.xxx closed by remote host.

[2023-02-16 17:13:05.482] [warn]  [terminalExec] Error: rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(228) [receiver=3.2.3]

[2023-02-16 17:13:05.495] [warn]  [terminalExec] Error: rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (1246664 bytes received so far) [generator]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(228) [generator=3.2.3]
rsync: [generator] write error: Broken pipe (32)

We’ve asked our system admins to check the logs on our hosting server (for your hosting account/username) around that date/time (that is equal to Feb 16, 2023 @ 9:13 AM UTC timezone) but they didn’t find any relevant logs that would tell why the connection made from your DevKinsta got closed.

Just wondering, if you can please try to restart your computer and your router/modem, and give another try perhaps?

And if that’s still giving the same error, I would think if you may want to try with another method (but the steps require to be done manually) like as shown here (see if this solution/method will help you to get a clone copy of your site hosted on Kinsta server, to your DevKinsta/local computer) :

Cheers,
Agus