Allow reorder of redirect rules

It seems, and it makes sense, that redirect rules are processed in order. I’m assuming it finds the first match in the list and processes it. This is a problem if I have more than one matching rule, but there are legitmate reasons to have more specific rules, and then broader rules that can result in multiple matches. For example, I have a catchall regex ^(.*)$ for a URL that I use for short URLs. So I may have something like this:

redirect from:
/URL1
^(.*)$
/URL2

URL2 would never be processed, because anything would match ^(.)$ and be processed first. Therefore, every time I add a new redirect, I must delete ^(.)$, add my redirect, then add ^(.*)$ back in so it’s last and looks like this:

redirect from:
/URL1
/URL2
^(.*)$

Anything that relies on the specific order of entries should have an option to reorder the entries. It should not be required that I have to delete all entries that cause conflicts, then build it back in the required order every time. An option to simply move a rule up or down in the order would be extremely helpful.

1 Like

Hi @systems1935, welcome to DevKinsta!
This would be a request for MyKinsta, I believe, so I have submitted the feature requests to our Internal Feature Requests for our platform. Thank you for the suggestion, and I agree that it would be very useful.