WSL2 problem on instalation

Hi I’m trying to install the software, but I get the message “WSL2 must be installed for Docker Desktop”. Then I go and try to install the Windows Subsystem for Linux and it tells me “This update only applies to machines with the Windows Subsytem for Linux” and doesn’t let me finish. How should I proceed?

Hi @billg127 ! Welcome to the community! :wave:

Just to confirm, were you following the steps as outlined on the Microsoft Documentation page and receiving that error during the exe setup?

It may be possible that you need to manually enable the subsytem for Linux - if you visit the above page and scroll down a bit it should have a manual option to enable the subsystem using this command via PowerShell:

dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux /all /norestart

Give that a try and let us know how it goes!

Thanks that worked, but now when i try and download an existing kinsta site the screen just goes white and stays that way. Any thoughts?

Glad to hear it worked though sorry to hear about the white screen! Are you able to share which screen is going white (perhaps a screenshot)? Is it DevKinsta itself or do you mean when trying to load WordPress in the browser?

When i try and import a kinsta site, it starts but then the DevKinsta app goes white after a few seconds. It doesn’t ever come back, so i close it and try to “retry” where is shows the error DK0030. I retried to download like it says but I get the white screen again.

It goes white on the downloading site step. Any thoughts?

I’m sorry for the trouble you’re having here @billg127 . How long have you waited on the white screen by chance? Do you have a large site?

Could you test with a brand new blank site on DevKinsta and let me know if that works for you?

We haven’t heard back from you on this topic in a while. However, if you do need further assistance you can simply start a new conversation. Thank you again for using DevKinsta. Let us know if you need further assistance! :wave: