Wordpress in Subdirectory - not loading the page

Dear Kinsta community

I am trying to get my woocommerce store in devkinsta - setup and download worked fine and the site was pulled from live.

Unfortunately, I cannot reach the site when trying to open it. I just get the standard Kinsta site for opening a new project. I guess the problem is that my site is located inside a subfolder and not in root directory because when installing a vanilla wordpress installation everything is based in root and accessible via localhost.

Is there an option to relocate my store to the root directory or set the access to the subdirectory?

Thanks for any help!

Best
Michael

Welcome to DevKinsta @Michael_Luwado ! I’m happy to help. You’re right that due to it being in a sub-directory, you’ll need to do a few additional tweaks. Check out this post here on how to edit your nginx settings. You’ll need to change the root directory of where nginx should be pointing.

One issue however is that it’ll reset if the Docker container is updated or restarted. Apologies for the trouble there but do welcome feature requests!

Hi Michael!

Thanks for the reply - I followed the instructions and changed the root accordingly.

Do I have to restart or refresh the nginx container afterwards? Unfortunately, the sites still opens the old directory after I changed the root from “…/old/” to “…/old/wordpress/”.

Do I miss something here?

Thanks for your help!

@Michael_Luwado Try systemctl reload nginx when you’re logged into the container. Let me know if that doesn’t work.

We haven’t heard back from you on this topic in a while. However, if you do need further assistance you can simply start a new conversation. Thank you again for using DevKinsta. Let us know if you need further assistance! :wave:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.