Website development is impossible due to very slow loading on devkinsta

Detailed Description of the Problem**

I am using win10 home version, Yoga Lenovo laptop Core 17, 11th Gen. 12GB of Ram and SSD Memory.

Docker is using " WSL 2 based engine (Windows Home can only run the WSL 2 backend)"

Local website loading on devkinsta is very slow. as it takes 10 to 15 sec to load the page. and it is very annoying. development in this situation is not possible. Have there is any solution to this??

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: Latest by October 19/09/2022

Q: OS Version
A: Latest by October 19/09/2022

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: Latest

Hi @ahmedwasiq89, thanks for reaching out.
Sorry about the performance issues you are having. Our developers have been working on ways to improve performance for Windows when not using Hyper-V but I do not have an ETA on when that update will occur.

For now, there seems to be a way to enable Hyper-V with Windows 10 Home if you search Google for solutions. I’ve never tried this, though, and cannot make an official recommendation for it.

I also have a Lenovo Yoga (Win 11 Pro) that is slower with WSL2 but not quite as slow as what you are experiencing. I’m not sure if tweaking your Docker .wslconfig file.

But honestly, using Hyper-V is currently the most reliable way to boost the speed on Windows. I will share your case with our developers though so that they know know not everyone can switch to Hyper-V.