Very slow page load on mac

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
**A:**03/13/2023 mst

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: 2.10.0.6571

Q: OS Version
A: 13.2.1

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: 4.17.0

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
**A:**504 Gateway timeout

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
**A:**Page loads are taking about a min and at times returning a 504 error

Hello @Brandon_Hofhines :wave: welcome to DevKinsta Community!

Can you please check your Docker Desktop and see if you can enable virtiofs option there (as I also suggested in the other post here - and that has helped another user there to resolve the slowness issue on Mac).
Also please check and see if inside the Docker Desktop’s settings, Kubernetes is currently enabled? If that so you can try to disable it.

Please kindly check and try the above suggestions and see if that will help to resolve the slowness on your Mac as well - let us know the results.

Cheers,
Agus

I have verified that virtiofs is enabled and that Kubernetes has been disabled. The admin panel runs somewhat fast about 30s but the front end pages are still taking over a minute and often return a 504 error. i have read over the other posts and not sure what else to do.

Thank you for your reply and update!
So to clarify, the /wp-admin dashboard panel runs faster (about ~30 seconds) but only the front end pages (homepage and some other pages) that are still taking over a minute or sometime returns with a 504 error.

Could you please tell, if this slowness also affect every new fresh WP installation you created in DevKinsta ?
or if it happens only with that specific site in DevKinsta (if this site was imported from your MyKinsta account or something) ?

How many activated plugins used in that specific site that’s slow ? Wondering if any of your plugins (or perhaps the theme) might be causing the slowness on the front end pages - and if that’s the case, what if you try to disable all plugins and retest/re-check? or try to change the WP theme to default WP theme as well to compare?

Could you please also check the error log file for that specific site and provide it to us here (in case we can check and see if there’s something can be found there) ?

Cheers,
Agus

Hello I’ve got the same problem, I’ve done the check in docker desktop but il also the same. I use in my local only Elementor and Elementor pro. and It really disapointed.
I write to elementor too to have some advice too.
Thanks

Hello @Coralie_Baudry :wave: welcome to DevKinsta community!

Is it also happened for all local WordPress sites and all pages? (even with a new fresh/default WordPress install without Elementor/Elementor pro plugin in DevKinsta?)

And what happens when you disable the Elementor and/or Elementor pro on that existing local WP site?
If it’s loading faster without those plugins, then the slowness may be related to any of them.
Sure, please let us know as well what they say/advice.

Cheers,
Agus