Username and Password for /wp-admin/

@michael I’m attempting to login to the Wordpress dashboard to change a few things on my local version on the site. I’m a new developer for a business so I’m using DevKinsta to access the staging version of the company site.

When I click the “WP Admin” button it takes me to the correct login screen, but I can’t login with my usual username/password.

Does this local instance have a different username/password I’m not aware of? Or did DevKinsta not create a local instance of Wordpress for me to login to (or make a user for me?)

Welcome to DevKinsta @RyanPearson. I moved your post into a new thread to help you :slight_smile:

The username and password should be the same as the one that was pulled. If you’re having trouble logging in, I recommend resetting your password via the Forgot Password link in /wp-admin/. The email will be delivered to your DevKinsta Email Inbox. Let me know if that helps!

Thanks, I just realized the error message is actually for “cookies not being allowed on the browser”

I’ve tried to login in 3 different browsers and I’m getting the same error message. Maybe this is a DevKinsta or maybe Docker’s version of WordPress issue? I know my browsers are allowing cookies. . .

@RyanPearson Try setting inside your wp-config.php file define('COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');.

1 Like

I don’t understand it, but that worked. Thank you!

1 Like