Too low speed on Mac devkinsta

My dekinsta is too slow I am using iMac 2019 3GHZ 6core intel Core i5
Memory 32GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphic Radeon Pro 570X 4GB

live server is fast but my devkinsta local server is too slow…
I already enable docker’s VirtioFS setting. but still slow…

If there is no more solution for speed. then i want to export all data from local server and use mamp for developing, so .

1. is there anything that i can test more for upgrading speed?
    if there is noting i can do before your developer fix issues,
  2. how can i export my db data from devkinsta local db?

Hello @42_WebService and welcome to DevKinsta Community!
Regarding your first question, you can try to do the following:

1. Be sure that Docker is at its latest version, previous versions have shown some performance issue
  2. Check in Docker’s settings that Kubernetes is disabled (Docker > Settings > Kubernetes)
  3. Lastly, you might want to try to increase Docker’s resources (Docker > Settings > Resources)

If you wish to export the database you can do it either by the Database manager available for each site (once you open a site in DevKinsta click on Database manager and then click on the export button at the top left of the screen) or via terminal by running the following command, being sure to update the data as the password and DB name. You can find those details on your site page in DevKinsta:

docker exec devkinsta_db /usr/bin/mysqldump -u root --password=yourDBPassword yourDBName > backup.sql

I did what you say but. my website is still slow. for example, i use wordpress woocommerce plugin. when I access woocommerce dashboard in admin page, it takes about 10s all time. is there anything more that i can do ? Not below list

• updating latest docker version
  • make disable kubernetes
  • enable VirtioFS
  • set docker general setting resource bigger

Do you reckon the site is slow when visiting the public side?
I wonder if the WooCommerce dashboard is the only slow part, if so that might be due to some settings in the DB

Regards,
Alessandro

I think woocommerce dashboard is especially slow…
What settings make it slow ? and i get big problem … I remove docker and reinstall it for update docker version. and my all local website lost database connection … how can i fix it ?

If you have uninstalled Docker instead of performing an update I am afraid that the Volumes might have been removed, this, unfortunately, means that the database content has been lost.

oh… god then how can i restore it ?

I just remove at application folder then but it doesnt exist on bin. how can i find it ? oh my god its too big problem plz help me…

Ok its good i understand i lost my all db ok. then i have to make it again fast. i have no time, so. I ll pull website from the staging site that is i pushed latest version. (it still so old version …) but It doesnt work pull db from staing. error code DK0066 . how can i fix it?

Can you please send me a copy of your main.log file via DM? You can find it by clicking on the question mark icon at the bottom left corner of DevKinsta and then on Reveal log file in File Manager.

Regards,
Alessandro

Thank you for sending the logs. The error is related to the fact that the database does not exist.
If you would like to reimport the site entirely from your staging site in Kinsta you can delete the site in DevKinsta and import the site entirely from scratch. Otherwise, if you want to keep the files you haven’t lost, we’ll need to recreate the database in Docker.

Which way would you like to go?

Then there is no way to restore my database ? … ok. and there is no files that i havent lost … plz show me how to reimport the site from staging site … thank you…

If you don’t mind to lose the site files currently saved and in use by DevKinsta you can:

1. Delete the site from DevKinsta, this can be done by clicking on the 3 dots menu close to the site name as in this picture
  2. Import the site again by clicking on Add site, choose Import from Kinsta, then select the site and choose the staging environment you were referring to in the previous message.

This will recreate the database as needed

Thank you … and I want to return to my original problem about dev kinsta speed.
Not only woocommerce dashboard. All page is slow. I compare it with live server. live server is fast. but local is not fast even though too slow… How can I fix it? the list that i wrote on previous question was not solution … plz help me

Hello there :slight_smile:

As I can see my colleague Alessandro has already suggested those workarounds/solutions that usually would help to solve the slowness issue on Mac (as previously suggested on the other thread), and most cases this’s not related to DevKinsta itself but Docker’s settings.

What if you create a new fresh WordPress site in DevKinta, does it slow as well to open any of that site’s pages on your local browser? If the new fresh WP site’s pages load normally/faster, then most likely something with that specific site that you imported to your DevKinsta.

Regards,
Agus

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.