Symlinked plugin does not appear in Admin

Darn. I’d love to give DevKinsta a go but this is a must feature for me, not a nice to have.

We’ll update this thread if this feature request will be added to a new DevKinsta release :crossed_fingers:

Regards,
Alessandro

Yeah that’s great. I’m willing to bet that most people that develop WordPress plugins would also need this feature so I hope it’s actually being looked at as a feature.

1 Like

I’m in the same camp here. Need this feature for DevKinsta to be an option. Otherwise I’ll just keep using LocalWP.

I was looking into this and I’m new to Docker so I might be wrong here but is there any way to add a bind mount to the existing devkinsta_fpm container? Or some sort of startup script? A bind mount would solve the issue of accessing files from outside the container instead of symlink, right?

I solved it by copying the docker run command (in Docker Desktop) for the two containers devkinsta_fpm and devkinsta_nginx and then added my volume in the command for each.

I stopped the current containers and ran the new command for each of them. This created two new containers (as docker run do) but for it to work as replacements for the old I hade to rename the old ones to something else (i.e. devkinsta_fpm → devkinsta_fpm_old) and then renamed the new ones two the old names so that they replaced them.

Now I have a way to work with my WordPress theme outside the container (on the host) and changes there are available inside the container on the path of the volume.

1 Like

Hey @Aetles welcome to Kinsta Community!

Thank you very much for sharing your solution, I am sure it will be of help for other users with the same needs! :+1:

Much appreciated!
Regards,
Alessandro

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.