Support for Composer

Are there plans to build in composer? This is a pretty important feature for us since most of our themes manage packages with composer. We could use composer outside of the container but that would lead to potential version mismatches.

Hi @greghunt . Welcome to DevKinsta! You should still be able to use Composer on your sites once a site has been created on DevKinsta. It would be installed locally rather than on the Docker container. Have you experienced any issues implementing Composer on a site?

Hi Michael, thanks for the reply. Yes the trouble is I may have a PHP version mismatch when using composer. For example my OS currently runs php8 but my kinsta site may be running 7.4 in its container. So if I run composer locally I may get errors with confused PHP versions

Backing this request up.
We also develop lot’s of WP sites with composer, so it would be great to have that included.

Hi @aaronmeder @greghunt . I see what you mean. You’re correct that it’d need to do used from within the container but I understand that may not be ideal. I’ll move this over to our feature request section for our devs to take a look at.

1 Like