Stuck in "Disabling maintenance"

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
**A: June 2nd 2022, 18:20 CEST

Q: DevKinsta Version
**A: 2.6.0

Q: OS Version
**A: Windows 11

Q: Docker Desktop Version
**A: 4.9.0

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
**A: No

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
**A: I’m testing DevKinsta with one of my sites (a small one I’m starting to work on), pull it to DevKista, then made a few changes and pull is back to it’s staging site, but the process is not finished, it’s stuck at “Disabling maintenace” and can’t cancel it (cancel is disabled). The staging site is in maintenance, and I couldn’t find a way to go on. What should I do? The site is https://dev.landsdesign.com

Captura de pantalla 2022-06-03 103308

Hi @fmon, welcome to DevKinsta!

If closing and reopening DevKinsta doesn’t fix this, then you might have to manually clear the process. Please see if this is applicable for you: Stuck on Canceling maintenance, restore snapshot - #7 by Kevin

If you aren’t able to cancel or complete the process through DevKinsta, you will also need to contact our Live Support team in MyKinsta. They can have our Sysops team disable maintenance mode on your Staging Site.

Please let me know if you run into any issues!

Editing the config file confing.json didn’t seem to solve the problem. Still stuck.
Then I asked the sysops team to disable maintenance mode in the site, and they did, so now the site is "workable again, but my DevKinsta is still stuck in “Disabling maintenace” and can’t be cancelled, even after restarting the computer. How do I end it?

Hi @fmon the state of DevKinsta is based on config.json. Can you private message me what your config.json looks like? There are some passwords in there that you can delete before sending that over.

I believe sometimes restarting your PC can resolve this but not always.

I have sent you the config.json file. Restarting the PC didn’t solve it.

Thanks for sending that, @fmon.

What did you edit within config.json last time? From what I’m seeing you just need to delete everything within “operations” similar to the solution I linked.

You might first need to make sure DevKinsta is completely closed/not running in the background when you do this/before restarting it.

Oops! I sent you the copy before the modification. The real config.json ends with:

"operations": [
]

}

I now have added the braces so it’s exactly as you posted:

Still stuck at 87% “Disabling maintenance”

I believe having the curly brackets there still causes a syntax error. Can you change that to this:

Also if you save it like this:

then restart DevKinsta, it will reformat the code to match the format from my first screenshot with the square brackets next to one another [].

That’s one way to make sure DevKinsta is loading from your edited config.json. When I save my config.json with the curly brackets, DevKinsta doesn’t even start.

Yes, the format of the brackets seemed to matter. Now the process is ended at last! Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Kavin! I have a Macbook with MacOS Sonoma and I can’t find config.json, could you please tell me the correct path?

Hi @chiara :wave:

The config.json file on Mac normally is located inside this sub-folder:
~/Library/Application Support/DevKinsta/
(something like perhaps under your /Users/yourusername//Library/Application Support/DevKinsta/ ).

Kevin also mentioned the same in the other thread here .

Hope that helps!

Best regards,
Agus Utomo