SSL update failed

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A:11/22/2022

Q: DevKinsta Version
A:2.8.0

Q: OS Version
A:Mac OS Monterey 12.6

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A:4.14.1

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A:NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID (on Chrome) and "SSL update failed (on DevKinsta when toggling HTTPS

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A: After importing a website, when I try to access, I end up on the following error message (NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID). I’ve tried to toggle back HTTPS on DevKinsta but I get the following error message (SSL updated failed). Pretty annoying for developpement as I have to bypass Chrome error message every time

Issue is pretty similar to this one : DevKinsta 2.8.0 SSL Certificate Not Valid - #3 by dinu

Hi @dezpfab, thanks for reaching out. The Chrome SSL issue is still being investigated by our developers (and other local application devs) but we understand it better now.

I’m not 100% sure if the “SSL update failed” is purely because of this, though. Just to be sure, can you please try to toggle it again then private message your main.log file to me? I’ll be sure to share it with our developers.

devkinsta is adding the cert to the login chain, but it needs to be in the system chain for chrome to like it

you can copy/paste it from login to system and make chrome happy (might require a chrome restart)

4 Likes

@Kevin ^This fixed my issue from the “DevKinsta 2.8.0 SSL Certificate Not Valid” thread.
Thanks, @krisroadruck!

2 Likes

This fixed my problem too! I am on Mac OS Ventura 13.0.1 and when I copied and pasted the certificate from “login” in keychain access to “system” then restarted chrome, chrome didn’t create an ssl error message anymore.

5 Likes

Glad I was able to help. Bit worried between this and the firefox folder SSL bug on linux I’m gonna end up being known as the devKinsta SSL fix guy lol

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.