SSL Update Failed - Ubuntu 22.04

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: Oct 19th 2022 / EST USA

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: 2.8.0

Q: OS Version
A: Ubuntu 22.04

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: Latest

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: “SSL Update Failed”

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A:

When attempting to enable SSL with the toggle in the SSL and HTTPS section of a site, receiving red “SSL Update Failed” text under the toggle and SSL failes to enable.

Upon digging through the logs it apparently is caused by a spurious requirement that a /home/$USER/.mozilla/firefox/ folder needs to exist to enable SSL.

Creating this folder solves the problem and allows SSL to be enabled. However, reporting as a bug because there is no reason for this requirement at all, and many people don’t even use firefox.

Log output below.

Note: I have replaced my username with $USER in the home path for privacy reasons.

[2022-10-19 14:31:34.352] [error] [setSsl] Error while setting ssl to true {
  e: "Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat '/home/$USER/.mozilla/firefox/'\n" +
    '    at statSync (node:fs:1538:3)\n' +
    '    at Object.e.statSync (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:5:4539)\n' +
    '    at Object.statSync (/opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:8:427982)\n' +
    '    at nssBrowsers_getAllNSSProfiles (/opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:2:934487)\n' +
    '    at /opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:2:934985\n' +
    '    at tryCatch (/opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:8:2336081)\n' +
    '    at Generator._invoke (/opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:8:2335704)\n' +
    '    at Generator.next (/opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:8:2336856)\n' +
    '    at asyncGeneratorStep (/opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:8:2327493)\n' +
    '    at _next (/opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:8:2327792)\n' +
    '    at /opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:8:2327942\n' +
    '    at new Promise (<anonymous>)\n' +
    '    at Object.<anonymous> (/opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:8:2327704)\n' +
    '    at Object.getNSSDatabases (/opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:2:936889)\n' +
    '    at /opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:2:939371\n' +
    '    at tryCatch (/opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:8:2336081)'
}

Hi @krisroadruck, thanks for reporting this. I’ve seen it happen once before and wasn’t sure if it was just a requirement for certs on Ubuntu. That doesn’t seem to be the case and I’ve asked our devs to review our code.