Something bad happened while importing site

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: 2022 May 6 @1:40 ish Pacific time

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: 2.5.0.3658

Q: OS Version
A: macOS 12.3

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: 4.80

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: “Something bad happened”. That’s literally the only error message. It’s not a very helpful error message.

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A: Every time I try to import a site, after creating the MYSQL database, part way through downloading the files, it hits that error. I have tried completely reinstalling from scratch, it didn’t help.

Hi @blcf, thanks for reaching out. Can you please private message your main.log file to me? It will contain the full error info.

Hi @blcf, is this importing from the Live site or the Staging? The logs you sent me mention a Staging site but that was deleted the same day you had this issue. My only guess based on the logs is that the Staging was deleted but DK was still trying to import it.

Can you try to import the Live site then share the error logs for that? You can also create a new staging and import that as well.

Thanks, I forgot I had the staging site up for a while. It didn’t seem to matter initially if it was the live or staging site, I was getting similar results, but I’ll get a fresh log file from live and send it your way.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the main.log, @blcf!

So it looks like there is an rsync error occuring:
[terminalExec] Error: rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23)

That means somewhere in you transfer, there is a “chunk” that returned an error. Usually, this is at the very beginning of the transfer.

Can you try deleting your main.log files then starting the transfer again? Try copying the main.log and main.log.old before the transfer hits about 20%.

Right now the exact error is just cut off in the logs since there is so much data. Here’s an example of the sort of error this will be: Unable to pull a Kinsta site now - #3 by Kevin

Sometimes it’s just a corrupted file.

I figured it out. We recently migrated to Kinsta and our old host had a symlink that got copied over but wasn’t necessary to keep. The symlink was throwing off DevKinsta, so I deleted it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.