"Something Bad Happened" or "DK0066" every time I try to import a site

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: Always, but most recently at 10 AM Pacific time

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: 2.5.0

Q: OS Version
A: MacOS 12.3.1 (M1)

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: 4.7.1

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: “Something bad happened” and “DK0066 Failed to Import Database Dump”

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A: I have several sites hosted with Kinsta, but over the past few months I’ve been unable to pull either live or staging sites from the server to DevKinsta without getting the vague “Something bad happened” error or the “Failed to Import Database Dump” error when the remote site download reaches 75-100%.

When I click retry for either error, the process starts downloading the remote site again, from 0%.
This happens every time, for every site I have hosted with Kinsta, both live and staging.

Hi @CJ_Bernstein, welcome to DevKinsta!

Can you please private message your main.log file to me? That will offer more information on what the actual error is. This can be caused by issues with the database dump (among other things).

1 Like

Thanks for sending the main.log @CJ_Bernstein!

So it looks like you have an IMPORT_DB_DUMP error:

[...]_stats`' exists. Please DISCARD the tablespace before IMPORT
    at /Applications/DevKinsta.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.prod.js:2:884046

This can be due to a database issue so I recommend contacting our Live support team in MyKinsta and asking them to have our Sysops team verify that the Staging database is not corrupted/needing a fix. You could probably manually edit the .sql file to resolve the error but that can get very technical.

Please have the support engineer search for “Please DISCARD the tablespace before IMPORT” internally or just say “Ask Kevin” and I’ll guide them!

1 Like

Thanks so much, I’m reaching out to them now!

You’re welcome @CJ_Bernstein; I’ve reviewed the staging site and see some database errors in your logs but nothing that should be causing this.

Is it always a DK0066 when you import any site? Not just this one, but any site? I’m beginning to think it might be an issue with your mysql Docker container.

You can close the live chat since it doesn’t look like the MK database is corrupted (unless you would like us to review the error.log on your staging site with you).

1 Like

By the way, this is essentially the error: ERROR :Tablespace for table exist. Please DISCARD the tablespace before IMPORT. - Knowledgebase - 24x7servermanagement.com

I wanted to be sure it wasn’t occurring within MyKinsta.

Are you able to try installing DevKinsta on a different Mac/reimporting? Or maybe resetting Docker/reinstalling DevKinsta (assuming you don’t have important data in you local database)

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the weird thing, this happens with every site I try to import. I’ll look into your suggestions regarding Docker and maybe reinstalling DevKinsta

1 Like

I’ll be gone for the weekend but will gladly troubleshoot this with you more on Monday.
I would also suggest creating a blank WordPress install in MyKinsta then trying to import that to DevKinsta and see if it fails the same way.

If the error keeps happening even after a reset I’ll have our developers weigh in!

1 Like