Site path folder is deleted instead of selected (Windows)

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: 19 Jan 2021 18:50 ( 16:50 UTC )

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: 1.0.1

Q: OS Version
A: Windows 10 Pro 19042.746

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: 3.1.0 (51484)

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: No logs or errors unfortunately.

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A: Going into settings Site path to select a different folder for the sites. As soon as you select a new folder it gets deleted instead of being selected.

Example / Replication steps:
Default folder: C:/users/{username}/DevKinsta/
Custom folder: D:/my_sites

1. Open DevKinsta
  2. Navigate to Settings
  3. Select the D:/my_sites on Site path

The my_sites folder is getting removed instead of being selected. Note that it doesn’t even go into Recycle Bin so by the looks of it permanently removed.

–

I’ve re-installed DevKinsta and tried with various folder setups, all custom folders end up vanishing.

Thankfully I didn’t had any other files there, but please do check this to avoid possible loss of data :slight_smile: .

Do tell me if you need any more info or a screencast displaying the issue!

Thank you for reporting this issue. We were able to reproduce on Windows but not MacOS.

No problem at all @michael !

Everything else up to now is working fantastic :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Same problem on my end on Windows.

I do face the same problem. I think it will get fixed in the next update.

I’m facing the exact same issue. I’m trying to select a folder I created, C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents\Websites\DevKinsta, in the DevKinsta Site path box.

Once I do and hit OK, the Site path reverts to its original C:\Users\myname\DevKinsta\ and the DevKinsta folder in C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents\Websites\ gets deleted.

Thank you all! :pray: We’ve found the cause of the issue. It’ll be fixed soon :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Any update on this? Still happening with version latest check 5 Feb

Hi @r_l . Not yet I’m afraid but I’ll be sure to update this thread

1 Like

Hi :wave:

Our latest release of DevKinsta 1.0.2 should address this issue. If you already have DevKinsta downloaded, it will automatically update. You can also re-download DevKinsta by visiting our downloads page.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.