Pushing local site to staging shows site size larger than my plan's disk space on the server

I’m uploading my local site to staging, and the upload says it’s going to be 47.9 GB, which is roughly 6 times the size of my production site and more on its own than our available disk space on the server with our plan. So I have a couple of questions:

1. Is this accurate?
  2. If it is, how do I kill the upload safely? I don’t want to get stuck paying for overages using this push feature, but there doesn’t seem to be any way to stop the upload once it’s in progress.

Hi @gfitech,

It supposed to be, but don’t want to rule out a possible bug either.

Force closing the application should do it.

Could you try navigating to the local directory itself and check the site of the folder? There’s an icon to navigate directly to the folder.

According to du in Terminal, that folder is 7.7 GB, which is much closer to the size of our site. Just in case, I killed the upload so as not to run over the disk limit.

Thanks for the update @gfitech . It appears related to another bug we had with downloads. If this is indeed the case, while the numbers are incorrect, it will only upload the actual amount (the 7.7GB) and not the number that was shown.

I’ve gone ahead and moved this conversation over to our bug reporting category for our developers to review. I’m sorry again for the issues here!

No worries, I’m excited for this tool and hope these reports help make it the best it can be!

1 Like