Push staging to live but keep Affiliate WP tables

When I push staging to live all of the data for my affiliates (using Affiliate WP is updated). I’ve been in touch with support and this was their response:

I would suggest working with your developer on what process you should use, but ultimately I’m afraid you’ll have to re-add the registered affiliates manually. We don’t have a feature to exclude tables.

Here is the process I follow.

1. Place LIve site in maintenance mode
  2. Export the registered affiliates.
  3. Import the registered affiliates in staging
  4. Push staging to live

Is there a way this can be done automatically as part of a staging to live push?

Regards, Darren
ps: I’m not a technical person so simple explanations would be appreciated.

Hello @darrencoleman . Thank you for reaching out and welcome to DevKinsta! That’s correct I’m afraid. At the moment DevKinsta does not allow for a selective push. It will currently push all data, which includes the entire database.

There is a feature request here for a selective push. I recommend adding your thoughts to this feature on that thread if the suggestion provided by my colleague doesn’t work for you.

Oh dear. That’s a real shame. Pushing from staging to live is one of the major benefits of Kinsta for me but this really scuppers it.
I’ll add my thought to that feature request.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.