I try to start or just cancel various processes but everything stays still even processes from days ago keep running and cannot be stopped in any way.
Not possible to work quickly and easily on a localhost.
I need an assistant, because this is a huge website.
Can I share my logs?
Hello @NP_vision, and welcome to DevKinsta Community!
Just to clarify, those sites are currently running a process (site creation, rename, removal) but those are stuck?
Yes! It seems like they are not responding. Because they stay at the same percentage.
I am not able to quit the proces of the 3rd website.
The last website I just want to remove. To give you an idea the stopping process is running for many days.
The first 2 websites I am trying to download live website and staging. But this process is stuck for a while.
To give you an idea the website size is 9Gb and 1,16 Gb database. I just downloaded a backup this goes really fast. Within a 15 minutes my download speed is really fast.
How can I speed up the process?
How can I cancel the 3rd which is not responding? How can I delete the removal quick as possible.
Let us know.
we have reviewed the site logs you have sent via DM, however those contain only PHP errors and not those that might happen during a process. In order to troubleshoot this we would need the main.log file. You can find it by clicking on the question mark icon at the bottom left corner of DevKinsta and then on Reveal log file in File Manager.
Can you please send it to me via DM?
Thank you for the log! One more question, if you click on one of these processes are you able to see the single site info page? If so, can you please send a screenshot of it?
The website has always run on WPEngine, now we switched to Kinsta months ago. Unfortunately, we have not been able to successfully pull in and retrieve the website on a localhost. Thus, I have not been able to see and test this website and the PHP errors. This should be investigated as soon as possible.
This morning it seemed to come to a successful completion for a while shortly after that the name had to be changed and the process started all over again.
After that it got stuck. Meanwhile after 4 hours of not seeing any movement I read about the Docker setting:
Choose file sharing implementation for your containers
Set this to : VirtioFS
Then I only got movement in the very first website which is now running very slowly in 1 hour 5%.
Normal download speed is as said 15 minutes for 8Gb.
But also aborting processes or deleting these remain, I cannot get these deleted or aborted. I would like to get assistance on this as well. Why can’t it be cleaned up.
Why is this so extremely slow at all is this the normal speed or can I improve on this?
yes sir, there are all kind of different processes.
The one which was almost finished flip back to 33%.
Thank you for the screenshots, so in that small popup that lists all the steps that DevKinsta has completed/has to complete there’s no
Cancel button on your side, right?
So my proces bars exactly stay the same as beginning like day 5 hour ago.
There is a button on for example this but this start loading again.
But on others I can’t see any cancel button at all.
This is a fresh WordPress which I can’t remove at all. Any ideas how to force quit this process?
Thank you for making a new test, I’ve reported this issue to our devs and shared the main.log, we’ll keep you posted with our finding!
Can you please share what version of DevKinsta you are using and what OS?
DevKinsta : Versie 2.9.0 (188.8.131.5239)
MacOS : 13.0.1 (22A400)
Any updates? I’m still waiting.
Hey @NP_vision, we are still looking to find out why the “Cancel” button is missing on your side. However if you are in a rush and would like to stop current actions and start from scratch, you can do so by:
- Closing DevKinsta entirely
- Closing Docker entirely
- Removing the sites you wish to delete from ~/DevKinsta/public and from ~/DevKinsta/nginx_sites
- Open DevKinsta and start the import again
Please note that this will delete any data related to your sites saved on your Mac.
When starting the import, I would recommend proceeding with one process at a time, to see if the action doesn’t get stuck.
The list with the stuck and old projects is cleaned up. However I’ve tried to download the current project it directly stopped. Resulting in a 16% MYSQL error.
Can I get please assistance because this is a really important project.