Local DevKinsta Site redirects to public url

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: December 10th 2021, 1:38 Pacific Time

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: 2.3.0.2184

Q: OS Version
A: Monterey 12.0.1

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: 3.5.1.7

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A:

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A: I added a site to DevKinsta from an import of old.ascentfunding.com - this site uses password protection - not sure if that’s causing a problem.

**Note:Community Forum rules prevent me from sharing more than two urls in a post, so the below urls are edited

DevKinsta seems to have imported the site correctly, but whenever I try to go to the site or /wp-admin, I get a redirect to old.ascentfunding com, instead of oldascentfunding local

I’ve looked in the wp-config and don’t see anything about the url in there, and I’m not sure what to do to prevent this redirect to the public site. Would the password protection on the public site cause this type of issue with the local env?

Hello @rpearson, and welcome to DevKinsta!
This could be related to a known bug that our team is working on.

Can you open the Database manager and check the values in wp_options to see if the siteurl and home url are correctly using the .local url?

You can also use the Search and Replace tool within MyKinsta to replace old.ascentfunding.com with the .local URL before pulling the site into DevKinsta.

If none of this works, it could be a plugin causing the redirect but that’s the least likely issue.

1 Like

that worked!

The siteurl and home were pointing to the public .com url.

Updated both of those to oldascentfunding.local and it seems to work now

Thank you for the quick reply!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.