Local DevKinsta Build redirecting

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: 12/13/2021 17:17pm Pacific Time

Q: DevKinsta Version
**A:**2.3.0.2184

Q: OS Version
**A:**Monterey 12.0.1

Q: Docker Desktop Version
**A:**3.5.1.7

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: Greetings Network Administrator! The network currently disallows registrations. To change or disable registration go to your [Options page](staging-ascentfunding.temp927.kinsta cloud/wp-admin/network/settings.php).

Registration has been disabled.

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A: I’ve set up a local env w/ DevKinsta for AscentFunding com, specifically: staging-ascentfunding.temp927.kinsta cloud/

When I try to view the local env in a browser, it redirects to: staging-ascentfunding.temp927.kinsta cloud/wp-signup.php?new=ascentfunding.local

and gives me the error message: Greetings Network Administrator! The network currently disallows registrations. To change or disable registration go to your Options page.

Registration has been disabled.

Here’s a link to a screen record: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

**I have to remove periods from the urls above because I’m sharing more than 2 (really annoying limit by the way)

Hi @rpearson, thanks for reaching out and sorry for the issues here. This is part of a known bug that we are working on that seems to only affect Mac users.

A thorough way to fix the URLs would be to replace the kinsta.cloud URL in wp-config.php and then in the database as well. You would need to use the database manager to update the wp_options, wp_sites and wp_blogs tables.

You can also run a Search and Replace in MyKinsta for your staging url → your local url before pulling the site into DevKinsta. This would replace the URLs in the database for you. You may still need to update wp-config.php.

Again, sorry for the issues here but please let me know if you need help with any of this.

Kinda messy but I got it to work

Thank you for the helping me with a solution.

I know this might be a hard question, but will there be a notification of when this bug is resolved? I’m thinking I may just re-build my local env in case anything is a lil off - I replaced some of the kinsta.cloud instances - enough to make it work - but didn’t go through the entire search/replace and re-pull. Figured i’d wait till this bug is fixed.

Anyway for me to signup for an email notification or something? - sorry, i know this is a tough ask but figured it’s worth asking

No problem, yes, it’s a little messy. The records you replaced to make it work are usually enough unless you have hardcoded URLs in posts/pages or something that you also want to replace. Those would need a full database search and replace.

You’ll get a popup within DevKinsta when a new version/update is available. We’re hoping to have this fixed for the next release. You can also “watch” the Minor Releases thread by clicking on the “bell” icon on the right. This is where we announce minor releases/bugfixes.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.