Keep getting DK0006 Error when trying to install DevKinsta

Hi @Kevin ,
Yes, tha is the first time.

I also have solved a problem to reinstall 4.10.1 Docker Desktop.

1 Like

Hey @Kevin,

This is now working for me using Docker Version 4.10.1. Thanks for all your help with this.

Thanks @hawaii-aloha for pointing me in the right direction with this too. :raised_hands:

2 Likes

That’s great to hear, everyone! I’ll go ahead and mark this reply as the solution with all the possible fixes that we have found based on information here: How to set DOCKER_HOST on 4.13.0 without /var/run/docker.sock · Issue #6529 · docker/for-mac · GitHub

1. Downgrading seems to Docker Desktop 4.10.1 seems like a reliable solution for now.

2. Another solution provided by the Docker devs is to manually create the missing Symlink like this:
    sudo ln -s "$HOME/.docker/run/docker.sock" /var/run/docker.sock

3. Manually setting the DOCKER_HOST variable also seems like a possible solution via this command:
    export DOCKER_HOST="unix:///Users/YOURUSERNAME/.docker/run/docker.sock"

It seems as if the Docker developers are reconsidering this change so hopefully they release a more straightforward fix in a future release. Any changes we make to DevKinsta to accommodate this Docker update could break backwards compatibility with older Docker Desktop releases for Mac so we are holding off on updates for now.

Please let us know if none of the above solutions work and thank you all for contributing to the current solution!

2 Likes

Having the same issue on osx 11.7.1 with intel chip, even after downgrading to Docker Desktop 4.10.1. Reinstalled both Kinsta and docker a few times, restarted machine. Like someone else mentioned above, force quitting Kinsta wouldn’t work, I had to go into activity monitor and kill a still running Kinsta process or else the next time I clicked the Kinsta app icon it would just reveal the same window hung at starting docker. Solution #2 above seems to have fixed the installation issue (sudo ln -s “$HOME/.docker/run/docker.sock” /var/run/docker.sock).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.