Imported website throws HTTP ERROR 500 and not opens in local server - failed to open stream

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
**A: 8 June 2021

Q: DevKinsta Version
**A: Version 1.1.7 (1.1.7.1647)

Q: OS Version
**A: MacOS Big Sur - 11.2.3 (20D91)

Q: Docker Desktop Version
**A: 2.3.0.4

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
**A: 2021/06/08 12:38:15 [error] 58#58: *51 FastCGI sent in stderr: “PHP message: PHP Warning: require(/www/kinsta/public/website/wp-includes/version.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/kinsta/public/website/wp-settings.php on line 33PHP message: PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘/www/kinsta/public/website/wp-includes/version.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/php’) in /www/kinsta/public/website/wp-settings.php on line 33” while reading response header from upstream, client: &&&&, server: websitecom.local, request: “GET / HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “fastcgi://&&&&:9002”, host: “websitecom.local”

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
**A: I imported the live version of my website to KinstaDev but I can’t open it locally. It throws HTTP 500 error, here is problem in the log file:
2021/06/08 12:38:15 [error] 58#58: *51 FastCGI sent in stderr: “PHP message: PHP Warning: require(/www/kinsta/public/websitecom/wp-includes/version.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/kinsta/public/websitecom/wp-settings.php on line 33PHP message: PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘/www/kinsta/public/websitecom/wp-includes/version.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/php’) in /www/kinsta/public/websitecom/wp-settings.php on line 33” while reading response header from upstream, client: &&&&, server: websitecom.local, request: “GET / HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “fastcgi://&&&&:9002”, host: “websitecom.local”

(I have changed the website actual name with “website” and IP to &&&&)

What should I do to fix this issue and use DevKinsta as my localhost?

Thanks.

Welcome to DevKinsta @cameronmenge ! What’s the files structure like for your imported site? It looks like it’s detecting a non-traditional file structure for your WordPress configuration thus throwing errors.

Thanks for your response. I imported the website from Kinsta and changed nothing. I clicked on the show website folder and everything look like a regular WordPress website, wp-content, wp-admin, wp-includes folder, etc.

Hi @cameronmenge . Would you mind messaging me privately your Kinsta site name so I can take a closer look? Thanks so much.

I have just sent a message to you. Thanks!

Thanks @cameronmenge !

I had this same issue. When comparing the web files from the whole site backup download and the install created by the DevKinsta import, all of the .php files were missing from the wp-includes directory. This seems like a serious bug in the DevKinsta website import feature.

In this screenshot, on the left are all of the wp-includes folders and php files that exist on the live site and were included in the whole site backup download. On the right, you can see all of the php files are missing from the DevKinsta site import.

@michael There are php files missing from the subdirectories as well. Was this just an incomplete import that incorrectly finished as successful? I also noticed a large file size discrepancy between the whole site backup download file and the DevKinsta site import download process.

Hi @mgodard! Welcome to DevKinsta! I’m happy to help. Would you mind sharing with me your site address that’s being imported? I have a suspicion on the issue, but would like to confirm this first. You can privately message me your site address on here as well if you prefer. I’m sorry for the trouble here :disappointed:

hi @michael - i have the same issue on a site i imported from Kinsta and looks like the .php files are missing from mine as well and throwing an “HTTP ERROR 500” - would you mind taking a look as well? How can i message you privately? thanks!

@mgodard - were you able to get this issue resolved? i’m running into the same issue as you, thanks!

I’m sorry for the wait here @aaronblomberg . I’m checking with the team here on this issue.

hi @michael - no problem! thanks so much - i also started a new ticket if that’s helpful as well - you can see that here: HTTP ERROR 500 & missing .php files