Imported site redirects to live site for wp-admin login

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: 11:00 AM EST

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: Version 1.0.1 (1.0.1.1173)

Q: OS Version
A: macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: 3.1.0 (51484)

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: No

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A: When I click the WP Admin button in DevKinsta for a site I’ve imported from our live Kinsta site, I am redirected to the WP Admin login page on the live site rather than the .local site. As a result, I cannot use WP Admin in DevKinsta.

main.log (425 Bytes)

Hi @gfitech . Thanks for trying out DevKinsta!
Does the site happen to have the URL within the wp-config.php file? May need to review the home and site URL within options table as well which can be reviewed via Database Manager. I suspect that the URL may not have been replaced to use the .local address either from code or contained within the database.

Good catch! Actually, this seems to be something of the same issue as the other bug I reported - some of our site config, including the URL, lives in wp-config-env.php and so that still contains the Kinsta cloud URL and not the local URL for the WP_HOME, WP_SITEURL, and WP_CLI_DOMAIN config.

So it generally looks like we’ll have trouble using DevKinsta for our live site if we’re following this pattern of keeping the environment variables outside of wp-config.php, is that right?

Right, it doesn’t yet support custom wp-config.php configurations but we’ll look into getting this in as a feature. Thanks for submitting this!

Great, thanks Michael. I’d love to see this added!