Exclude node_modules from Import

Is there a way to exclude certain files from being uploaded? Like when I’m developing locally, then wanna push it to staging, I don’t want node_modules to get uploaded too.

4 Likes

Hi @ZachTheHack . Welcome to DevKinsta! I’m afraid not at this time but this makes for a great feature request. I’ve gone ahead and moved this over to the featured requests category here.

2 Likes

Our templates are using alot of gulp and other stuff to minimize SASS, it would be perfect to ignore the folder node_modules, but keep files like package.json when uploading to staging

3 Likes

I know Local by FlyWheel has this feature. Looking forward for it to be implemented in DevKinsta :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 for this feature. It would be great if we could create a .kinstaignore file that uses .gitignore syntax for this.

3 Likes

100% agree, the ability to ignore development related files would be a very welcome feature. I like @Martin_Cao idea of using an ignore file.

2 Likes

Please fix this. To upload 150mb of node file is quite crazy if other files are a couple of mbs…

1 Like

+1 for respecting .gitignore files please!

1 Like

Has there been any updates on this. Looks likes it been over 6 months? I have the same issues of having to upload node_modules. Please give us an update

HI @mwalcott, file selection and exclusion is slated to be released after the next major release, so during Q3 of this year.

Right now the only workaround is to move the the folder out of ~/public before the transfer then move it back or delete the folder then recreate node_modules after the file transfer.

Hello everyone, I’m just announcing that file/folder exclusion is now live in version 2.8.0: DevKinsta Releases (Minor) - #13 by Kevin