errors.WP_PARSE_CONFIG DK0081 when trying to manually import a site downloaded from My Kinsta

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: 2022-10-29 - 12:00PM MST

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: 2.8.0

Q: OS Version
A: Windows 10

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: 4.11.1

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: DK0081 - errors.WP_PARSE_CONFIG

Since I continue to get the “Something Bad Happened” error when trying to use DevKinsta to automatically add a site from My Kinsta ("Something Bad Happened" when website is large, probably rsync, BUT?), I have opted to create a backup of the website in My Kinsta, then download the zip.

This I have done. Now I am trying to import the zip with DevKinsta and I am seeing this error.

I have reviewed DevKinsta Error Codes - Kinsta®

The article says that this error will appear if it

1. cannot find wp-config.php, OR
  2. The DB_NAME variable is not found in the wp-config.php file, OR
  3. {dbName}.sql is not found

My zip does have wp-config.php, inside of that file there is the DB_Name variable, and in the root of the zip is the database SQL file.

The article also states that wp-config.php needs to be in the root of the zip. Well, in the root of the zip is the folder /public and the database.sql file. Inside of the /public folder are all the wordpress files, which includes wp-config.php. This was the structure that was auto-generated when I created the database. Did My Kinsta generate the zip file in such a way to make it incompatible with DevKinsta’s import feature?

I am really stuck trying to get my website downloaded locally.