Error DK0009 Can't start docker container

Docker installed devkinsta hangs

Hi @DrByte, welcome to DevKinsta!
This error usually means something is preventing DevKinsta from automatically starting the Docker containers. You should still be able to manually start each one from within Docker itself:

Please let us know if that doesn’t work!

Hi,
how to proceed please?

Thanks a lot.

Hi @pierre, welcome to DevKinsta!

I need to try and reproduce this error. It does seem to be an issue with Docker and not DevKinsta.

Can you share your Operating System version, the Docker version, and the MyKinsta version that you are using, please?

Same issue just now. I searched and no other recent forum tickets about this…

macOS Ventura 13.3 (22E252)
Docker Desktop 4.17.0 (99724)
DevKinsta Version 2.10.0 (2.10.0.6571)

2min video of the issue: Screen Recording 2023-04-05...

I know DevKinsta did a recent update but I thought I remember it working after that. Not sure what happened or how I might be able to get it working again.

Hey @cliff :wave:,

can you please send me a copy of your main.log file via DM? You can find it in /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Logs/DevKinsta/
We’d like to give a look at it and help you find the culprit.

Regards,
Alessandro

@Alessandro I think I sent it multiple times now. did you get it yet? this is urgent for me.

FYI: I now have macOS 13.3.1 (22E261) and Docker 4.18.0

Oddly, upon updating to Docker 4.18.0, 2 containers from DevKinsta were there even though DevKinsta was closed.

I manually trashed them then installed Docker’s own Disk Usage add-on and cleared all possible Reclaimable Space, about 14GB.

I then started DevKinsta and it ran different steps, including Updating Docker Images (5 total steps). It took about 5 minutes and then DevKinsta seemed to be working again :slight_smile:
Unfortunately, the site didn’t quite load though. :frowning:

OK, another restart and following this SSL tip: SSL update failed - #5 by rseitzberg

I got the site loaded but now the database is gone. I’m guessing that’s the result of running Docker’s Reclaim Space?

Heya Cliff :wave:

Thank you for your reply and update!
Glad to hear that you were able to get the DevKinsta to be working again, but I’m sorry to see that the database has gone as well :cry: .

Yeah, most probably the database has been removed when that Docker’s reclaim space has been conducted. While the files of your sites are saved in a standard folder, the databases are stored inside a Docker Volume, uninstalling Docker or removing them from the Docker causes a loss of data/database.

Cheers,
Agus