EACCES permission denied

Encountering the following issue when trying to change PHP version of a DevKinsta site through DevKinsta interface(PHP 7.4 → PHP 8.0). This issue is likely applicable in other situtations where user input within the application requires any change to ~/DevKinsta* due to the root permissions set(drwxr-xr-x root root)
10:42:27.844 › Error: EACCES: permission denied, open ‘/home/$USER/DevKinsta/kinsta/sites.ini’
at Object.openSync (fs.js:476:3)
at Object.func [as openSync] (electron/js2c/asar_bundle.js:5:1846)
at Object.writeFileSync (fs.js:1467:35)
at file:///opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js:2:880016
at tryCatch (file:///opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js:2:5052116)
at Generator._invoke (file:///opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js:2:5051739)
at Generator.next (file:///opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js:2:5052882)
at asyncGeneratorStep (file:///opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js:2:1003)
at _next (file:///opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js:2:1302)
at file:///opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js:2:1452
at new Promise ()
at file:///opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js:2:1214
at file:///opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js:2:880840
at onClick (file:///opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js:2:1637515)
at onClick (file:///opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js:2:1262029)
at MenuItem._this.onClick (file:///opt/DevKinsta/resources/app.asar/dist/renderer.prod.js:2:1274256)

Additionally upon i encounted a permission issue with Docker requiring DevKinsta to be launched as root from terminal. This required me to grant my user permissions to docker.
Temp fix: sudo dev-kinsta --no-sandbox
Permission fix(not recommended): sudo setfacl -m $user:rw /var/run/docker.sock

Welcome to DevKinsta @Aksel ! I’m happy to help. Could you tell me a bit more about your operating system and configuration? Thanks and apologies for the issues here!

Hi, thank you.

I’m on Ubuntu 18.04LTS. No particular configuration related to DevKinsta apart from the custom privileges I had to set earlier as mentioned.

Hi @Aksel . I haven’t been able to determine the cause of this issue yet. Could it be group permissions as well? A user here had permission issues as well.

We haven’t heard back from you on this topic in a while. However, if you do need further assistance you can simply create a new topic on the forum. Thank you again for using DevKinsta. Let us know if you need further assistance! :wave: