Docker Engine Failed to start

I have docker desktop installed and when I open DevKinsta I get error code DK004 and docker engine failed to start but when I start it manually it says I am not in the user group. I have gone into user groups and added myself so I am stuck. I am new to this and have googled everything to get this point. Any help is appreciated!

Hi @LindsayB . Welcome to DevKinsta! Could you tell us a bit more about your setup? What operating system are you on? Has DevKinsta installed the Docker containers by chance as well?

Hello @michael , I am using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, x64-based processor. DevKinsta has not installed the docker containers yet.

:thinking: Could you try running DevKinsta as an administrator along with Docker and let me know if that helps? Would you happen to have any software that could be blocking it like antivirus or firewall that you could temporarily pause to test?

@michael when I run DevKinsta as an administrator it opens docker desktop properly now but it says no containers running and DevKinsta seems to be frozen at “starting docker” and the loading line isn’t moving. I do have antivirus and firewall which I will have to get permission to be paused as this is a work computer. Is there something I need to install on docker manually?

@LindsayB Could you try uninstalling DevKinsta then re-installing it? Be sure to select that it’s available for all users during installation.

@michael I just uninstalled and reinstalled with all users selected. A windows message popped up to allow access through our firewall and now it is working perfectly! Thank you so much for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.