DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN showing in the new single wordpress local installation

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: 10/01/2021 7pm (GMT-5)

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: 2.1.0

Q: OS Version
A: Windows 10

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: Docker Desktop 4.1.0 (69386)

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A: I just installed DevKinsta and Docker, created a new wordpress site. When i want to access to the site it just shows me this message: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN.

Hi @dhuaman :wave: Welcome to DevKinsta!

Based on the error it sounds like for some reason the host file wasn’t updated so your computer doesn’t know how to route the DNS request. This can happen if your hosts file doesn’t have proper permissions for DevKinsta to modify or perhaps if you’re using MultiSite.

The following article should help take you through the steps to add your domain to your hosts file: How to Edit Your Hosts File - Preview Site Before Updating DNS

Let us know how that goes, if you continue to have difficulties can you share with us what URL you’re trying to view and what the entry within your hosts file looks like? Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

We haven’t heard back from you on this topic in a while. However, if you do need further assistance you can simply create a new topic on the forum. Thank you again for using DevKinsta. Let us know if you need further assistance! :wave: