DK0029 - Can’t create mysql dump

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A:9:58AM PACIFIC

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: Version 2.7.0 (2.7.0.4846)

Q: OS Version
A: Monterey 12.6

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: Version 4.12.0 (85629)

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: DK0029 - Can’t create mysql dump

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
*A: I am creating to create a local env using Import from Kinsta. I get the above error. Looking at the logs, I does appear to be the password issue i have seen mentioned here. The problem is the solution (removing a ssh folder) doesnt work for me as there is no ~/DevKinsta folder (its in Application Support) and there is no .ssh folder inside the DevKinsta folder i did find. I am able to Import other sites from Kinsta so i am not sure why just this site is giving problems.

Hi @rreyes, thanks for reaching out!

So are you trying to create a brand new site based on a Kinsta Import?

Or does the site already exist in DevKinsta and you are just trying to “Sync” from Kinsta?

Either way, please private message your main.log to me. I will be able to see what the exact error is.

The site is already on Kinsta. I am trying to switch to DevKinsta instead of Flywheel Local, and just want to pull the current production site to my local. I have been able to do this on other sites, but this one is giving me the DB password error. You cant find it at [2022-09-15 09:58:30.289]

Hi @Kevin
i’m newbie. i can not create site.

1, Something bad happened

it stucked at creating mysql step

2, docker log

2022-09-25 1:22:26 0 [Note] mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: ‘10.5.5-MariaDB-1:10.5.5+maria~focal’ socket: ‘/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ port: 3306 mariadb.org binary distribution
2022-09-25 1:23:20 3 [Warning] Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

please fix it soon

Hi @hiepvq, welcome to DevKinsta!

Can you please create a separate Bug Report for this? I will also need to know what operating system your are using and if this is the current version of DevKinsta. Also please private message your main.log file to me so that I can review everything.

@Kevin I removed it because i can not create site to dev, i downloaded latest version at currently time

i 'm using window 10, version of DevKinsta is newest, Docker deskstop is latest version v4.12.0

Hi @hiepvq, if you would like to try again, you can private message the main.log file to me. I will need to see the full error log to understand what is happening/help troubleshoot.

@Kevin It seems you dont understand what i saied:

Screenshot 2022-09-25 082336

• this is error when creating database, it stucked at this step

" [Warning] Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES) "

• devkinsta app can not be connected to mysql server (it is a docker container ) to create mysql step .
  • this is a bug of devkinsta app or of docker container, devkinsta connect to mysql with incorrect username or password of mysql server (it is a docker container ) .

@hiepvq, I understand the error but I need to see your full main.log file that is generated right after it fails.
There are steps before that password error where DevKinsta tries to fix the MySQL password that I need to review in your logs. Please privately share the main.log file so that I can review what is happening during those steps. I will be able to share a solution for manually resetting the Mysql password depending on what I see in your main.log file.

i dont have full log file, it showed you the error

[Warning] Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES).

Kinsta app connect mysql server with what is username and password?

You can test by yourself, i am sure you also facing this bug

I’ve never been able to reproduce this error with DevKinsta, that is why I request the full main.log file for clues; I am not experiencing this issue. It’s an individual error that happens to some people for different reasons. I need to be able to see the full logs to best help you here. The devkinsta_db container is first created from a MariaDB image; DevKinsta then sets the root password for the container to match what you have in your config.json file. If the password doesn’t match, DevKinsta has a step that tries to reset this password. What I need are the logs from THIS step. Those tell me more about what the issue is.

So please try to create a new site again when you can and then share the main.log file with me. I understand that there is an issue with credentials but you actually get that error in other situations as well. I will be able to give you next steps based on your main.log file.

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday i had the same problem after installing Docker Desktop and DevKinsta for the first time. Simillar to @hiepvq, after going to create new site with function “New WordPress site” at step “Creating MySQL database” there was information “Something bad happened.” without an error number (similar to his screenshot).

After going through some topics on support, this one was with the right solution for me Can't connect to database - #4 by jromero_arro

As i am not familiar with Docker, it took me sometime go whit correct steps in this instruction, i think it’s worth knowing where to get root password: in Docker you can check it on the container “devkinsta_db” you can go to “view details” and in “Inspect” section you can verify password created on database (MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD).

You can also verify it on DevKinsta after creating new website at “Database” section (lower on site details) - it should be the same as on Docker - if yes, then instructions from topic should work

Also i had the case, where this password was not possible to change (probably due to my many different approach to this matter). If after command

mysqladmin -u root password

you receive error (without question for new password)

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

it may be usefull to delete Image of mariadb in docker, then close devkinsta and run it again to let devkinsta create new image. After that you should be able to set up new password.

1 Like