DK0022 error when creating new site stuck at 75% and can't delete

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: 7/21/21 10:06AM PST

Q: DevKinsta Version
**A:**2.0

Q: OS Version
A: Windows 10Pro 19043.1110

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: 3.5.2

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: DK0022 - Host file update failed

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A: When I create a new site it stops at 75% with a DK0022 error code saying “Host file update failed” When I try to delete the site it says " you didn’t grant permission for site deletion" I am running as administrator.

Hey @LindsayB . This may be another case of permissions as the host file may be locked. Have anything that might be blocking this operation from completing?

Hi @michael . I suppose it could be antivirus protection, how would I access the correct file to disable this? I have tried to google it but can’t find anything that I could follow. Thanks!

@LindsayB The issue is that there’s a protection enabled somewhere against this file. DevKinsta needs to be able to edit the host file. As an example, here’s how to edit the host file manually although DevKinsta itself still needs to be able to gain access to edit the file. If you’re able to disable the antivirus to test that, that might be a good first step.

@michael I disabled antivirus and firewall but still got the same error. I followed the steps in editing the host file manually but when opening the file etc it is empty.

@LindsayB We’ll take a look at making this step easier. At the moment there’s something on your machine that’s blocking DevKinsta from being able to write to the host file :disappointed: