DK0006 - Docker broke after updating macOS 13.3.1 (a)

I had updated my OS and it broke docker and had to delete it. I removed all the images and deleted everything for myKinsta following your docs (Uninstall DevKinsta - Kinsta®). when trying to install and setup I keep getting this DK0006 error and not sure if you can give some guidance to get past this.

Hi @monofrio,
can you please send me a copy of your main.log file via DM? You can find it by clicking on the Help menu at the top of the screen and then on Reveal log file.
We’d like to give a look at it and help you find the culprit.

Regards,
Alessandro

Thank you for providing the log @monofrio , can you just confirm that Docker has been reinstalled and that it opens properly? Based on the logs, DevKinsta isn’t able to find it

Regards,
Alessandro

Its running:
Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 12.11.16 PM

Hi @monofrio

You may need to remove the Docker volumes as well as the images/containers, and attempt to reinitialize DevKinsta. The error DK0006 means that the docker images couldn’t be downloaded, so it could simply be a volume corruption or architecture/version mismatch that could be solved that way.

Also make sure you’re on the “Apple Chip” Silicon (arm64) version of Docker if you’re using Silicon hardware. I’m running Ventura 13.3.1a on an M1 Pro and I figured for the purposes of troubleshooting that I would simply uninstall Docker.app from Finder by quitting the app then dragging it to the Trash, then installing a freshly downloaded .dmg

The specific .dmg for the Silicon is here:

https://desktop.docker.com/mac/main/arm64/Docker.dmg

If quitting DevKinsta and removing the containers AND volumes, then starting DevKinsta doesn’t work, please include with your next reply a screenshot of Docker -> Settings -> General, Docker -> Settings -> Resources, and Docker -> Settings -> Advanced, preferably maximized, and we’ll review further.

Ill have to try that and let you know, but I have mac with an Intel chip, I have to see if i can get a newer computer with the Apple chip in it.

Thanks
Mark

I unstalled and removed docker and devKinsta and reinstalled everything for things to work correctly.

this is resolved!

Thanks
Mark

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.