DK0004 error in Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS

DK0004 error in Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS

I have successfully installed Docker Engine and made it auto start on login.

Still seeing this DK0004 error - Couldn’t start Docker. Please try to start Docker manually.

Please note - When opening DevKinsta, I get the “Authentication required” window.

authentication is needed to run ‘/bin/bash’ as the super user

Hello @Venkatramani_R :wave:

I think I remember something about this case when I tested previously on my Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS. I had to remove/uninstall the Docker Desktop and only kept (re-installed the Docker Engine only). After that I was able to launch DevKinsta just fine.

If you don’t have anything yet in your Docker, please try to remove/uninstall “Docker Desktop” (and only keep the Docker Engine - may need to re-install it, and may also require to restart the computer as well to take effect). Then see if you can launch DevKinsta after that? So far this method works for me on my linux computer.

Please note - When opening DevKinsta, I get the “Authentication required” window.
authentication is needed to run ‘/bin/bash’ as the super user

Yes that’s expected, I am always prompted with that same thing each time I run DevKinsta on my Linux machine.

Cheers,
Agus

1 Like

Hi @Agus, thank you for the help.

I am able to use DK on my Pop!_OS now.

I uninstalled Docker desktop completely and installed Docker engine this time.

Encountered DK0048 then. Followed the instructions provided in the DK error codes page to resolve it.

1 Like

Hey @Venkatramani_R :slight_smile:

You’re most welcome!
Glad to hear that DevKinsta is working fine now on your Linux Pop!_OS! :clap:

Cheers,
Agus

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.