DevKinsta uninstalled after clicking "Restart Now" from popup

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: 12:54 pm | Friday, 16 April 2021 (IST)

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: 1.0.3 (now updated to 1.1.5 (read below))

Q: OS Version
A: WIndows 10 20H2 (19042.928)

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: 3.3.0

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: NO

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A:

• Everything was working fine, then a popup appear at top-right showing ~A new update installed, Restart Now~

• I click Reastart now → It shows UAC → Yes → after some seconds → DevKinsta Uninstalled

• I Reinstall it using 1.0.3 installer → It started up normally, My site was safe (no files deleted)

• Again popup shown → Repeated all above steps

• After installing 2nd time → checked settings for update → automatic installation was ticked
    under that “some text was written” with Cancel button → I clicked that, update was successfully installed → Now I’m running v1.1.5

Thanks for letting us know @Nitin_Kumar . I wonder what happened here :thinking: . I’m glad the sites are safe and you were able to get DevKinsta updated. We’ll keep an eye on this.

Same happens to me as well. It actually just did again.

From the first time that I installed DevKinsta till now it has happened everytime, about 4 times now. I don’t reboot often. It prompts “new updated installed, restart now”. It shuts down DevKinsta, removes files from “Program Files\DevKinsta” folder. Then it just does nothing.
I download new setup file, install and it works again, all 8 sites are ok.

Same things happens for me. Installing the new DevKinsta installer for Windows fixed the problem.

@jmtornetta Welcome to DevKinsta. I’m glad that worked for you.
We’re taking a look at this issue closer as well. Sorry for the trouble @Didou_Schol !

1 Like

Just wanted to register that this happened to me this morning. The app uninstalled but failed to reinstall. I almost panicked a little :sweat_smile:.

But downloading a fresh installer and installing from it restored everything as it was.

Hi everyone. The auto-update on Windows is disabled with the release of DevKinsta 2.2.0. You will experience the uninstall issue with prior versions but downloading and re-installing will resolve it going forward. Sorry for the trouble here! Let me know if you need anything else by creating a new forum post here. :+1: