DevKinsta super slow - MacBook Pro

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: Like 1 month ago (today is 22.02.2023) until now.

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: 2.9.0

Q: OS Version
A: MacOS 13.1 (22C65)

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: 4.14.0 (91374)

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: No

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A: every process (reload, cta buttons, open page, dashboard saving) took so much time (like 1min on average)

Hello @Adam_Meshulam and welcome to our DevKinsta Community!

Is this an issue that you currently have or something that happened as one-off ~ 1 month ago?

Regards,
Alessandro

Hi @Alessandro and thank you for your quick response.
that bug starts like 1 month ago until now, sorry for missing that part.

Hi Adam @Adam_Meshulam :wave:

I’ve seen similar slowness issue has been reported before for Windows and Mac users. I only have Windows and Linux machines but don’t have Mac here (and have no experiences using Mac before) so couldn’t really check/test/replicate this further, but I saw this previous post which suggested to enable virtiofs option in the Docker Desktop, as mentioned here (and here).

Maybe you may want to check your Docker Desktop and (if you haven’t enabled yet) please try to enable the virtiofs option as suggested in the other posts above, and hopefully if that will make any differences :crossed_fingers:

Cheers,
Agus

Hi @Agus and thanks for your solution.
seems the the slowness issue improved after enable the Virtiofs option.
but still its not respond quickly like the site that hosting on Kinsta or another web service like Mamp.

the CPU process on “Activity Monitor” cut in half.
any more speed improvement tips?

Hey @Adam_Meshulam can you please see if inside Docker’s settings, Kubernetes is currently enabled? If so you can try to disable that.

Also, I remember some threads about the lower performance of Docker on Mac that have been resolved in the last few releases, I see that your Docker is not up to date, give also a try to update that :crossed_fingers:

Regards,
Alessandro

@Alessandro,
Kubernetes already disabled.
after update Docker seems its working a little bit faster.
for now its fine.

thanks for you help :slight_smile:

You are very welcome!

Regards,
Alessandro

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.