DevKinsta DB cant scroll X

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: 1/21/22 3:09 Pacific Time

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: 2.3.0.2184

Q: OS Version
A: Montery 12.1

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: Version 3.5.1 (3.5.1.7)

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: No

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A: In the DevKinsta db → Table columns stretch past edge of screen and are not scrollable - overflow is not allowing scroll.
I’ve used chrome dev tools to adjust some of the CSS to make it work (I think just updating body {overflow: scroll} will work - but you should test) - but it would be great to have these updates pushed through on your end so I don’t have to hack this to make it scrollable

Screenshare: (there’s rules gainst sharing a Loom link? - hacking the url below so you can view)
Go to: loom dot com/share/7c46238599c24bafbde6518647f51486

1 Like

Same here…

Q: Date/Time this occurred (Provide your time zone also)
A: 04/29/22

Q: DevKinsta Version
A: 2.5.0

Q: OS Version
A: Windows 11

Q: Docker Desktop Version
A: Version 4.7.1

Q: Were any error codes or messages observed? If so, what were they?
A: No

Q: Detailed Description of the Problem
A: Same problem. There is not horizontal scrollbar when I display the data of tables (in my case, 12 columns), thus I’m not able to read all the data I have. That’s really, REALLY boring ! Impossible to work in these conditions !!

1 Like

Ya it’s annoying that a simple fix (adding overflow: scroll to CSS for the DB) hasn’t been done in 3+ months

It thought DevKinsta was better than LocalWP. I cant even not start a project with such a problem. I will go back to LocalWP.

Hi @rpearson and @Kreeger, sorry this post went unnoticed. I have escalated this bug to our developers to hopefully get it fixed on our next release.

I will update this thread when this is resolved.

@Kevin I’m going to be a bit direct, but damn it’s still not fixed! How is it possible!!!

It makes me mad that I can’t even see all my data in a table because the content is bigger than the window and I can’t even scroll horizontally !!! But what are you waiting for? It’s like working with a keyboard with missing keys, it’s ridiculous, impossible to work with your product in these conditions!

Please install @rpearson’s fix or test your product on Windows on a 1920x1080 screen!

Hi @Kreeger,
I asked our developers and the fix for this was worked into the next release of DevKinsta which will be out within the next few weeks. The devs also wanted me to point out that you can use other programs to access your database as well if you feel limited by Adminer. For example, this is what it looks like when connecting to the database using the free program DBBeaver:

All of the connection information is within the Site Info page in DevKinsta under “Database.” You can set up a connection using any local database program.

I will let you know once the new DevKinsta version is out with this fix, though, so we can be sure the CSS issue is addressed with the next release.

Hi @rpearson and @Kreeger. Apologies for the wait here, version 2.7.0 has been released with many new features but we made sure to update the stylesheet for the Database Manager to a newer one: DevKinsta Releases (Minor) - #12 by Kevin

Please let us know if you are still seeing issues with this.