Creating new site

However when trying to see my local website, it keeps redirecting me to the live website…

Ah I didn’t think about that. Sorry for the oversight.
Its caused by the export coming from your live site and not having the values replaced.

The simple fix would be to update the siteurl and home values in the _options table, though there will be additional links still pulling from your live site instead of sitename.local.

Give me a few minutes to see if I can get a SQL query together that will update the values throughout the database.

Ah, makes sense.

Thanks!

You’re welcome.
I DM’ed you a query that should take care of most of those.
It can be run in the database by clicking SQL Command in the top left, pasting it in, and Execute.

After its updated, you’ll want to check in a fresh incognito/private browser session (or fully clear your browser cache) as the existing redirect will likely be stored in your browser.

I’m getting errors

Could you check and see if your posts and postmeta tables are there and what their prefix may be?
The default prefix on my site is wp_ but its possible yours is different.

its mod650_posts
I believe the prefix is mod650_ for all my tables

That should be the case on your live site in MyKinsta, though in DevKinsta it can/should be different.
If its the same in DevKinsta that’s ok though. Easy to update the query.

Just change wp_ to mod650_ in the few places its used.

Ok David, we finally made it (for now).

Website is just like the live website.

Now, would I have to go through all this everytime? In case I would want to pull the latest version for example from the live website?

Maor

I’m glad to hear it and do apologize for the road to get here.

I’ve shared all your details with the devs, so they can continue having a look into this. The logs you provided help, but I believe the rsync details may have pushed some of the related DB information out of the file.

I started setting up a reproduction of your setup with the non-prefixed tables and will be testing that today to see if its related.

As for having to go through this again if you want to update the site, I can’t say for sure as we don’t really know the cause of this just yet. I’ll let you know what we can determine of course.

Until then…knowing the manual process works, if you do need to update the site I can help streamline that a bit next time if you need help.

Alright.

In case you need anything from my side to solve this issue, let me know.

I’d be happy to share information/files.

Thanks for the help again.

Maor